ADVERTISEMENT

2023 RB Darrein Jones commits

“Jones had previously received offers from Missouri Western, Valparaiso, Washburn, William Jewell, Peru State, Benedictine and Lincoln University along with a preferred walk-on opportunity at North Dakota State.”

UNLV must have had to dig deep into the NIL funds to beat out Peru St…

He did have a PWO opportunity at 1AA NDSU which to be fair would beat UNLV 10 out of 10 times.

I can see he is a very low rank 3*, listed as a verified 40 of 4.57 which is good, but not great. Curious what they see in him?

6’1 200 | 3star RB| 4.57 verified 40|4.22 pro agility|34.9 vertical| |3.75 GPA ‘23 Contact: jonesdm913@gmail.com 913-337-5301 NCAA ID:2204520255

I can see he is a very low rank 3*, listed as a verified 40 of 4.57 which is good, but not great. Curious what they see in him?

6’1 200 | 3star RB| 4.57 verified 40|4.22 pro agility|34.9 vertical| |3.75 GPA ‘23 Contact: jonesdm913@gmail.com 913-337-5301 NCAA ID:2204520255

Reminds me a little of Tim Cornett, straight line speed but not real shifty.

4.57 is solid, but like you said nothing special.

As for what they see in him. Decent size/speed combo. Seems to have ok hands coming out of backfield.

I just hope the coaching staff has the ability to find players that have been overlooked by other schools and they see as diamonds in the rough. Based on the number of recruits that have committed who are not impressive based on the other schools recruiting them, either they see something others don't, or they are taking a chance on fringe players.

Reminds me a little of Tim Cornett, straight line speed but not real shifty.

4.57 is solid, but like you said nothing special.

As for what they see in him. Decent size/speed combo. Seems to have ok hands coming out of backfield.
He’ll get faster; Tim Cornett did. If I remember right, his combine speed was a 4.4.

We did fine with Tim, he was a hard runner. Maybe they’ll turn him into a full back, or have him as a Xzavier Campbell type.

2023, our offense is going to transition from “give the ball to the big guy” to “give the ball to one of the fast guys”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT