ADVERTISEMENT

2021 MWC Conference Schedule Released

RebNReno

NBA Draft Pick
Oct 17, 2015
Finally the MWC released the conference games! UNR game has been moved up in the season. Looks like Nevada Day Weekend instead of Rivalry Weekend.

I'm not a football aficionado, but this is a relatively easy schedule, right? You gotta think our chances of bowl eligibility cant get better with this lineup of teams to play. Curious what the football heads think.

I'm not a football aficionado, but this is a relatively easy schedule, right? You gotta think our chances of bowl eligibility cant get better with this lineup of teams to play. Curious what the football heads think.
I’d say we start with our second year coach getting his first career win before we talk about going to bowl games.

Our defense was pretty bad last year. How about more money for a defensive coach..

We're completely unsure and untested at the most important position ( quarterback). I don't see more than three wins - at most.

We're completely unsure and untested at the most important position ( quarterback). I don't see more than three wins - at most.

3-9 was my initial thought as well ! Maybe 5-7 and if the Defense can somehow improve as the season goes along.

we need a qb with John Denton type of skills..

I think worst case senarior 1-11 and best case senario 4-8. Looking at the schedule I have 7 games that we really dont have a shot at and noway we win all 5 games that we may have a chance in. Going to be a long season. I am looking to the following season before I really have any real expectations.

Reactions: j. spilotro
We open against EWU, who's usually one of your tougher FCS teams. That said, Big Sky is playing an abbreviated Spring schedule and lost their opener to Idaho on a late TD the weekend before last. They came back and crushed NAU this past weekend. It'll be interesting to see what the teams playing in the Spring look like when Fall games start. They may be FCS, and not anything like a gimme but, hey, we're UNLV Football. There's no such thing as a gimme (unless, maybe, it's the other team talking).

Reactions: LocoRebel
I think worst case senarior 1-11 and best case senario 4-8. Looking at the schedule I have 7 games that we really dont have a shot at and noway we win all 5 games that we may have a chance in. Going to be a long season. I am looking to the following season before I really have any real expectations.

If we go 1-11 this year was a complete disaster. 7 games we don’t have a shot at? I really hope not. We should be competitive against most of our MWC slate. Our Mountain division games flip to the easier of the 2 rotations (USU, UNM, AFA). The west should be pretty wide open, I think UNR may be the best team in the west division. Only ASU and ISU should be big blowouts.

No expectations in year 2? I don’t have bowl expectations but I hope CMA can at least get us back to a Tony Sanchez level of suck and get us 4 or 5 wins.

Reactions: RebelMan5000
If we go 1-11 this year was a complete disaster. 7 games we don’t have a shot at? I really hope not. We should be competitive against most of our MWC slate. Our Mountain division games flip to the easier of the 2 rotations (USU, UNM, AFA). The west should be pretty wide open, I think UNR may be the best team in the west division. Only ASU and ISU should be big blowouts.

No expectations in year 2? I don’t have bowl expectations but I hope CMA can at least get us back to a Tony Sanchez level of suck and get us 4 or 5 wins.

1-11 ??? I hope not, you have to go back 20+ years to the last UNLV coach to have a Winless and 1 Win seasons during his tenure! CMA would have reached his "PETER PRINCIPLE", CDR 2.0 IMO if that is the case. I would consider nothing less than a 3 Win season progress.

Just looking what is in front of us. Not only did we not win a single game this year we were not even competitive. Our defense was about as bad as we have had. Sure we hot some players but they are not going to turn around from of if the worst to a very good defense in a year. To many broken prices to fix. To many question marks and inexperience on offense, I am not saying this is Arroyo he was dealt a horrible hand and it is going to take a bit to fix it. I could totally see a 1-2 win season. But I fully expect each year to get better and by year five if Arroyo keeps recruiting like he is I think we have a shot to be top of our division. But next year ia going to take allot of patience.

Reactions: UNLVINMD
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT