ADVERTISEMENT

2021 and 2022 OOC Schedules Complete

RebNReno

NBA Draft Pick
Oct 17, 2015
Today UNLV added a home and home series with UTSA as well as an FCS buy game with Idaho State.

These games aren’t going to excite many Rebel fans but the series with UTSA should at least help with our recruiting. If you haven’t noticed the staff has really been hitting Texas hard and it’s nice to tell these kids their families can see a close game every once in a while. (We also have a series with North Texas coming up soon too.)

That said the home schedule is a little disappointing for the next 3 years in our new stadium.

Eastern Washington
@Arizona State
Iowa State
@UTSA

Idaho State
@Cal
North Texas
@Notre Dame

@Michigan
Vandy
@BYU
@UTEP

Today UNLV added a home and home series with UTSA as well as an FCS buy game with Idaho State.

These games aren’t going to excite many Rebel fans but the series with UTSA should at least help with our recruiting. If you haven’t noticed the staff has really been hitting Texas hard and it’s nice to tell these kids their families can see a close game every once in a while. (We also have a series with North Texas coming up soon too.)

That said the home schedule is a little disappointing for the next 3 years in our new stadium.

Eastern Washington
@Arizona State
Iowa State
@UTSA

Idaho State
@Cal
North Texas
@Notre Dame

@Michigan
Vandy
@BYU
@UTEP
I’m thinking of heading down for the San Antonio game. Never been there.

I’m thinking of heading down for the San Antonio game. Never been there.

I think it could be a fun trip. There’s a few neat things to do in San Antonio. Also, Austin is only an hour away and that’s a cool little city too.

It could possibly be a good game to see as well. I mean, we’ll probably lose but hopefully it’s a competitive game. Also, UTSA plays in the Alamodome and for me that would be a positive. I don’t know if it’s a good venue for football but at least it’s indoors. The humidity is what I hated most about San Antonio but at least it isn’t Houston bad.

I think it could be a fun trip. There’s a few neat things to do in San Antonio. Also, Austin is only an hour away and that’s a cool little city too.

It could possibly be a good game to see as well. I mean, we’ll probably lose but hopefully it’s a competitive game. Also, UTSA plays in the Alamodome and for me that would be a positive. I don’t know if it’s a good venue for football but at least it’s indoors. The humidity is what I hated most about San Antonio but at least it isn’t Houston bad.
ASU is always an option. Very easy travel, fun place too. Lots to do in the area.

I enjoy going to places I’ve never been, even if it isn’t my kind of place or what I might expect to be not my kinda place. I thought I’d despise Nashville, loved it. I actually enjoyed Jonesboro too for our game at Ark State. TE and Scrub withered up in the rain, I invited it, we don’t get “football weather” here in Vegas. I liked it.

@Michigan
Vandy
@BYU
@UTEP

Maybe UNLV can add a 5th Non-Conf opponent in 2023 to get the second home game... perhaps a "beatable" opponent. Years when UNLV plays at Hawaii the option of a 13th game exists; the Rebels have been @Hawaii on even-numbered years recently, but the conference scheduling is going to be reset next year so if UNLV leadership is clever (not banking on it) 2023 could be an @Hawaii season.

My last assignment in the AF was in SA. Worked there for 8 months afterwards as a civilian. Liked the town. Enjoyed going to the River Walk. Proposed to my first wife there, not that that is anything to recommend it. Would be nice if they figured out how to "flush" the river now and then. Gets pretty brown and gross.

My last assignment in the AF was in SA. Worked there for 8 months afterwards as a civilian. Liked the town. Enjoyed going to the River Walk. Proposed to my first wife there, not that that is anything to recommend it. Would be nice if they figured out how to "flush" the river now and then. Gets pretty brown and gross.

Yeah that water at the River Walk is disgusting last time I was there it was glowing green. Surrounded by a bunch of mediocre at best restaurants and shitty bars. The RW makes Fremont Street look good.

Home schedule smells, you have great new stadium bring in some big boys to pack the place!

I lived in San Antonio for 4 years, my Mom and Sister have lived there for a while now, my niece goes to UTSA. SA is okay, there's a Six Flags and a Sea World, the beach (North Padre Island) is just 2 1/2 hours away, South Padre Island is about 4 1/2 hours (its a little nicer), there's some really cool little towns nearby, like Gruene and Panna Maria, and as stated before, Austin is just about 45 minutes north, they have a nice downtown area with some good restaurants. The breakfast tacos are my favorite tho.

I lived in San Antonio for 4 years, my Mom and Sister have lived there for a while now, my niece goes to UTSA. SA is okay, there's a Six Flags and a Sea World, the beach (North Padre Island) is just 2 1/2 hours away, South Padre Island is about 4 1/2 hours (its a little nicer), there's some really cool little towns nearby, like Gruene and Panna Maria, and as stated before, Austin is just about 45 minutes north, they have a nice downtown area with some good restaurants. The breakfast tacos are my favorite tho.

Is floating the Comal at New Braunfels still a thing? Spent many a Saturday with our butts - and cooler - in tubes. Because of the wheel shape of that stretch of river, the haul-out wasn't far from the put-in, and there was always someone there to give you and your tube a ride back. for a small fee, for another round, or to call it a day.

Reactions: LuvMeSomeRebs
Is floating the Comal at New Braunfels still a thing? Spent many a Saturday with our butts - and cooler - in tubes. Because of the wheel shape of that stretch of river, the haul-out wasn't far from the put-in, and there was always someone there to give you and your tube a ride back. for a small fee, for another round, or to call it a day.

It's still a thing, at least pre-covid, the Schlitterbahn water park is a popular place to get in these days.

The home schedule has turned into a complete joke!
I agree. I hate that our first home game in front of fans will be against Eastern Washington. They are an FCS powerhouse and we historically suck against FCS schools. Maybe it will be different with CMA, but I doubt it. Especially after that garbage first showing last year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT