ADVERTISEMENT

Zion Sensley

TimothyC3

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
In the 247 interview he mention both Compton and Sensley as players added to the 2024 class. Compton has been mentioned many times. But I think this is the first time Sensley has been mentioned as a recruit for the 2024 class. 6’8” athletic wing who can shoot the 3.

I was keeping with FIBA U19 tournament in Hungary. Trey Young, Awake, Lubiin, Porter, Armstrong, are some nice player...The French players named Perrin and Mousinni- destroys them.

KK was a part of the coaching staff at this tournament in Hungary?

His father never lived up to the huge hype, but I loved his dad’s game. I may have watched as many of his AAU games (I think the LA Rockfish) as any other player. I believe his dad played at St Thomas More. Was a very highly rated player, ended up at Hawaii and had an ok career, but not the type one would expect given his prep accolades. I wanted him badly. Really badly.

I’m assuming Zion is Julian Sensley’s son.

If not, meaningless post.

But Julian was really good. I think he signed with Cal originally, didn’t qualify, headed to Mike Miller at LACC, where Rice had a strong connection (think of Beck, Blassingame) and UNLV had an outside shot, but he went back to his home state of Hawaii.

His father never lived up to the huge hype, but I loved his dad’s game. I may have watched as many of his AAU games (I think the LA Rockfish) as any other player. I believe his dad played at St Thomas More. Was a very highly rated player, ended up at Hawaii and had an ok career, but not the type one would expect given his prep accolades. I wanted him badly. Really badly.

I’m assuming Zion is Julian Sensley’s son.

If not, meaningless post.

But Julian was really good. I think he signed with Cal originally, didn’t qualify, headed to Mike Miller at LACC, where Rice had a strong connection (think of Beck, Blassingame) and UNLV had an outside shot, but he went back to his home state of Hawaii.
(Your right on being Julian's son)
"On3’s take
Zion Sensley has a great frame, and he comes from good bloodlines. Sensely’s dad, Julian, was a top 50 recruit in the early 2000s and played professionally overseas for a decade. Sensley has a smooth shooting stroke from three, consistent release with good balance. He will mix it up on the boards and is a good area rebounder. Sensley is a late bloomer and still coming into his own on the floor. He is a solid athlete and is starting to attack closeouts, especially off one and two dribbles. While his offer sheet may not match, Sensely is tracking as a top 100 type talent in his class with the upside for more."

(Your right on being Julian's son)
"On3’s take
Zion Sensley has a great frame, and he comes from good bloodlines. Sensely’s dad, Julian, was a top 50 recruit in the early 2000s and played professionally overseas for a decade. Sensley has a smooth shooting stroke from three, consistent release with good balance. He will mix it up on the boards and is a good area rebounder. Sensley is a late bloomer and still coming into his own on the floor. He is a solid athlete and is starting to attack closeouts, especially off one and two dribbles. While his offer sheet may not match, Sensely is tracking as a top 100 type talent in his class with the upside for more."
If he plays anything like his Dad, I'll take him. Hawaii and Riley Wallace was the coach wasn't it? I think Wallace had another player Kijanna Carter or something like that. Really good teams.

Reactions: Rebelhustle
If he plays anything like his Dad, I'll take him. Hawaii and Riley Wallace was the coach wasn't it? I think Wallace had another player Kijanna Carter or something like that. Really good teams.
AC was many years before Sensley. AC and Galloway and Alika Smith made for a decent team, NIT type of team. I don’t know if Riley coached Julian, I think he retired before that.

Reactions: Rebelhustle
AC was many years before Sensley. AC and Galloway and Alika Smith made for a decent team, NIT type of team. I don’t know if Riley coached Julian, I think he retired before that.
I was dating a girl name Alika at that same time while attending college in Oregon. A little awkward ...Carter and Smith was a duo.
Who was the player that punk us in the T&M while Marion was there playing for UCSB or Irvine. Dude was going between his legs while crossing over midcourt? Ceballos?

I was dating a girl name Alika at that same time while attending college in Oregon. A little awkward ...Carter and Smith was a duo.
Who was the player that punk us in the T&M while Marion was there playing for UCSB or Irvine. Dude was going between his legs while crossing over midcourt? Ceballos?
Nah, Ceballos was an Augmon nemesis. And as good as Stace was defensively, Ced had some really good games vs the Rebs.

You’re definitely thinking of Jerryl Sasser from SMU. They beat us three times that year and Sasser did indeed punk Marion. Although in the last game, the third one which was the WAC tourney, a broken play at the end resulted in a corner three by some dude named …. I think it was Chad Elsey. Crushed the hopes for that season.

Reactions: RebelScrub
Anthony Carter
Talked about the transgression of coaches for UNLV. After Tark, it should have been Billy Tubbs even though Bruce Pearl lobbied really hard. We got Rollie Masssfatfcuk and his son instead. A bunch of interims and we got Bayno. Good choice we all thought...after awhile Pitono's name popped up. We got Spoonhour instead...good coach. Power of Tark still in play. I thought Jay Spoon was going to take over but we went to...LK over a lot of people choice George Karl. Broke my heart then. I stop caring there. Somewhere between all of this Paul Westfall (sP) the LMU coach wanted the job. Eric Musselman applied multiple times, George Raveling, Former Georgetown Coach...I forgot that old fart name that coach Pat Ewing and Alonzo Mourning.

Talked about the transgression of coaches for UNLV. After Tark, it should have been Billy Tubbs even though Bruce Pearl lobbied really hard. We got Rollie Masssfatfcuk and his son instead. A bunch of interims and we got Bayno. Good choice we all thought...after awhile Pitono's name popped up. We got Spoonhour instead...good coach. Power of Tark still in play. I thought Jay Spoon was going to take over but we went to...LK over a lot of people choice George Karl. Broke my heart then. I stop caring there. Somewhere between all of this Paul Westfall (sP) the LMU coach wanted the job. Eric Musselman applied multiple times, George Raveling, Former Georgetown Coach...I forgot that old fart name that coach Pat Ewing and Alonzo Mourning.
The point is, there were a lot good coaches that wanted to help UNLV but the damn administration just too damn stubborn or something to accept their help. I dont f_cking get this school's past admin...I hope this AD and Prez realise now how they are sitting on a gold mine and dig it up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT