2 apg
2 bpg

Conference freshman of the year
#11 pick in the NBA draft

14.2 ppg
1 1rpg
1.5 apg
1.8 bpg

Preseason freshman of the year and lives up to it. Wooden award candidate but doesnt win it. 15th pick in the draft.

I agree that he will play like a freshman. His sophomore year will be the break out season.

I think this is the perfect spot for BigZimm. I think he plays such a great compliment type game I think he will have a huge impact right away. I see him doing major damage at the high post - don't know about numbers but he will contribute to making players on the floor with him better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dloch002
Way too early Bracketology out today with only 1 MWC team in SDSU as a #10 seed.

An article about who else could make noise and get in the tourney lists UNLV:

Dave Rice lost Rashad Vaughn and Christian Wood, but will replace them with two highly touted freshmen in Stephen Zimmerman and Derrick Jones. Zimmerman is a versatile and talented 7-footer who is a major upgrade over Wood and is likely a one-and-done. Jones is a Stacey Augmon type -- long and athletic, and he can defend. Rice also has defensive-minded big man Goodluck Okonoboh back, and three transfers who are eligible: forward Ben Carter (Oregon), guard Jerome Seagears (Rutgers) and guard Ike Nwamu (Mercer).

Everyone seems to be sleeping on Pat that will change half way through OOC play as we play some big games and he always steps up in the big ones, can't wait for the season!!!

No real "Expectations" for freshmen, but I "suspect" he has the talent to start from the jump, play a ton of minutes, and find his way into next year's lottery.

I'm curious to see if they let him facilitate from the high post. He's got the size and skill set to be a great passing big. Athletes all around. If the Rebels offense runs through Zimm at times I think it could look pretty good.

I have no guess as far as actual stats go. I think he will be a player that will help the team significantly in ways that can't be shown on a stat sheet.

Reactions: Dloch002
I think his impact will be substantially bigger next year. This year he will have steep learning curve.

Learning curve yes, but lets not kid ourselves about his size, athleticism, and talents... Can easily be one of the best in league from impact point of view. Thats why the top schools in nation wanted his services for a yr maybe 2. I just hope we finally get on of our top 15 national recruits to play uninjured an entire season... Bennett hurt his shoulder, Vaughn his knee... Also benefits from team that wont just depend on him to create his own offense like Bennett was doing and Vaughn had too...

Reactions: Sharktank91
I think the really good thing about Stephen Zimmerman is he has a good head on his shoulders and a very good support system, and will know where he is by this years end and won't make the mistake of jumping before he's ready. Like so many have made before. I think he is going to be comfortable with learning all he can to become a better player, regardless of time. This year, 10 ppg, 8 rpg, 2 apg, and 2 bpg. He will make this a better team simply because he understands teams win, not individuals.

Reactions: j. spilotro
I think his impact will be substantially bigger next year. This year he will have steep learning curve.
Hiker, are you being serious?

I think every freshman struggles to some degree because the game is different. I'm not arguing that point.

But you think he's going to put up better numbers as a sophomore than a freshman????? For some kids their sophomore season of college is better known as being a Rookie in the NBA.

Yeah, what is the value of a year of experience, working with D1 strength coaches, playing against older, being coached by a long time NBA player and playing against more experienced D1 players along with knowing a team and system going to do for him that high school didn't?

Last edited:
Joe, you think Zimmerman is a one and done player? You may be correct, but I think he won't be physically ready to jump to the NBA after one year in college. In a way, I hope you are correct and he has a great season this year and helps the rebels make noise in the post season.

Joe, you think Zimmerman is a one and done player? You may be correct, but I think he won't be physically ready to jump to the NBA after one year in college. In a way, I hope you are correct and he has a great season this year and helps the rebels make noise in the post season.
Oh yeah. I think he's one and done.

You gotta understand, he's not a typical player. With his visibility over his HS career, he's already been "evaluated" by NBA guys. Feedback I've received is that they already love him - incredibly coachable, high IQ, very talented, has the size.

Now, does that mean it's a foregone conclusion? No. I think they'll cross that bridge at the right time. He's completely focused on college hoops. But it's hard for me to imagine him being here more than one year when he's already so good and his upside is still higher. Plus he's not a "risk" - attitude, work ethic, off the court, etc. Even if he's not ready to contribute in the NBA, I can't see people passing him up with all that he brings to the table.

And in terms of physically ready, he's already added a lot of beef. Dropped the body fat percentage and upped his overall weight a good bit. In fact, I think he's 243 pounds give or take a couple. That is no longer skinny. I don't know if you've seen him work, but he's physically different than when he arrived. He's not built like Kas - but he's not build like Wood, either.

And in terms of physically ready, he's already added a lot of beef. Dropped the body fat percentage and upped his overall weight a good bit. In fact, I think he's 243 pounds give or take a couple. That is no longer skinny. I don't know if you've seen him work, but he's physically different than when he arrived. He's not built like Kas - but he's not build like Wood, either.

243 lbs is fine with me. Most big guys don't weigh that much, he isn't going to be pushed around that's for sure.

13.4 PPG 8.2 RPG 2 APG 1.7 BPG

12th pick in the NBA draft.

Some of the players were in the Mendenhall today doing pictures & autographs for kids at the Rebels Kids Club kickoff. Jordan looks GREAT.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT