ADVERTISEMENT

Zaon charges dismissed

Was he stoned or drunk?

man, when I first got stoned and would drive, I hit the curb and did a 360 going down Charleston making a left into Rampart. I was a rookie and very stupid.

I improved to Jedi level with experience and can drive on the freeway no problemo on weed.

Alcohol is a different story. I got drunk off a couple of wines at the wine bar at Smith’s Sky Point location on the Northwest side of town. Vowed to never get drunk and get behind the wheel.

We all have done it, just happened that this kid did it and killed a person.

Hope the guy pays off the family for the rest of his basketball career.

Was he stoned or drunk?

man, when I first got stoned and would drive, I hit the curb and did a 360 going down Charleston making a left into Rampart. I was a rookie and very stupid.

I improved to Jedi level with experience and can drive on the freeway no problemo on weed.

Alcohol is a different story. I got drunk off a couple of wines at the wine bar at Smith’s Sky Point location on the Northwest side of town. Vowed to never get drunk and get behind the wheel.

We all have done it, just happened that this kid did it and killed a person.

Hope the guy pays off the family for the rest of his basketball career.
"We all have done it "

No, we all haven't.

"We all have done it "

No, we all haven't.
Weed is a whole new ballgame. You gotta master your senses. It takes years to become a weed driver. It makes you a better driver IMO.

I’m guessing it’s hard to prove someone is stoned without a blood test and even then, that’s up to debate. I maybe out of my element on the testing. Godfather would know the testing used to detect marijuana in a hospital setting..

Remember that woman who ran over those kids who were picking up trash alongside the road in the 80’s on the freeway.She claimed she fell asleep.

alcohol is a huge no no. I’m very lucky and wise to experience get behind the wheel when driving. Huge delay in reflexes compared to weed.

Damn, just read the news. Zaon was high as a kite when he killed that guy.

As much as I like weed, the drug has been a detriment to the players that have rolled through our program and gotten suspended throughout the years.

im a little biased, I won my first pick up game at the park when on it. In the long run, it makes you lazy as hell.

I get that he killed an innocent person but it wasn't like he was looking to kill someone(as in a drive-by shooting or an armed robbery). He's young and stupid and should be punished but I wouldn't agree to ruining his life due to a mistake in judgement. He still has it in him to lead a responsible, productive life and learn from his mistakes. Hope he does.

Zaon was the chosen one. He was supposed to lead us to Rebel Victory. 60 miles in a 35 mph zone...

I get that he killed an innocent person but it wasn't like he was looking to kill someone(as in a drive-by shooting or an armed robbery). He's young and stupid and should be punished but I wouldn't agree to ruining his life due to a mistake in judgement. He still has it in him to lead a responsible, productive life and learn from his mistakes. Hope he does.

hard to say but going 25 mph over the limit is going to cost him any civil case brought up against him. Hard to be productive when you have no money in this society.

How would you feel if he had killed one of your friends or family members and then gets off with reckless driving?

How would you feel if he had killed one of your friends or family members and then gets off with reckless driving?
Did you miss the part where I said he should be punished? Of course he should serve time for his actions but is the crime equal to that of a rapist, pedophile, or serial killer? What if your kid was the one that smoked weed and killed someone while driving? Would you think he's irredeemable and deserved to rot his entire life in prison?

Did you miss the part where I said he should be punished? Of course he should serve time for his actions but is the crime equal to that of a rapist, pedophile, or serial killer? What if your kid was the one that smoked weed and killed someone while driving? Would you think he's irredeemable and deserved to rot his entire life in prison?
I don't think the law calls for life in prison. My problem is that he appears to be getting off with a wrist slap. If it were my kid I would be extremely disappointed but the law would need to take its course. I am a huge proponent of extremely harsh fines for impaired driving. The problem has grown far to big in this city and people are being hurt and killed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT