ADVERTISEMENT

Your top 10 favorite UNLV players from the past are..

smooth as butter

Lottery Pick
Jul 23, 2002
1.Larry Johnson
2.Stacey Augmon
3.Armon Gilliam
4.Greg Anthony
5.Anderson Hunt
6.Freddie Banks
7.Keon Clark
8.JR Rider
9.Sidney Green
10.Shawn Marion

This is not listed in any ordser from 1-10 just my 10 favorites that I watched play.

solid list lots of rebels to choose from ... I enjoyed m.banks as well as Louis Amundsen but they would deffinately be on the bottom of your list

1. Warren Rosegreen
2. Tyrone Nesby
3. Anthony Marshall
4. Dalron Johnson
5. Larry Johnson
6. Stacey Augmon
7. Marcus Banks
8. Kas Kambala
9. Curtis Terry
10. Donovan Stewart

Reactions: Dirty Vegas
I'm too lazy to do all 10, but:

Ricky Sobers was our first NBA star,
Richie Adams was insanely fun to watch, and
Curtis Terry's senior year was amazing, and I loved his relentlessness.

Reactions: Dirty Vegas
1.Larry Johnson
2.Stacey Augmon
3.Armon Gilliam
4.Greg Anthony
5.Anderson Hunt
6.Freddie Banks
7. Reggie Theus
8.JR Rider
9.Sidney Green
10.Shawn Marion

This is not listed in any ordser from 1-10 just my 10 favorites that I watched play.

Drop Clark and and replace him with Reggie Theus - then your list is pretty solid. I realize that you specified "favorites that you saw play"... I never got to see Theus play, but I'm including him.

The voters that contributed to the RJ's list of Top 100 RunninRebels of all time (http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/unlv-rebels/basketball/ranking-rebels-top-100) ranked Keon Clark at #48 - and I agree with that ranking. Clark only started 14 games in his two-year UNLV career.

This does not describe a top 10 player:
http://www.si.com/nba/point-forward/2013/12/04/keon-clark-jail-prison-weapons-charges-dui
In his senior season Neon Keon, as he's known, was eligible for only 10 of UNLV's 28 games. "I definitely feel like I let my team down," he says. "I came back because I thought we could win. I wanted a ring." The Rebels won the WAC tournament and then lost to Princeton in the first round of the NCAA tournament, but by the postseason, Clark was long gone. "They actually seemed to get better without him, and that makes you wonder," says one NBA general manager.
On the stand, he testified that he started drinking alcohol in high school. By the time he turned pro, he said, he was drinking a half-pint to a pint of gin a day. He drank at halftime during NBA games.

1.Stacey Augmon
2.Richie Adams
3.Larry Johnson
4.Freddie Banks
5.Armon Gilliam
6.Jarvis Basnight
7.J.R. Rider
8.Gerald Paddio
9.Kaspars Kambala
10.Joe Darger

1) Anderson Hunt

He was destined to be the greatest Rebel ever. I wish I could be like a good guy terminator and stop him from entering the 1991 draft

No order...
Armon Gilliam
Stacey Augmon
Larry Johnson
Greg Anthony
Freddie Banks
Curtis Terry
Wink Adams
J.R. Rider
David Butler
Greedy Daniels

In No particular order

Larry Johnson
Wink Adams
Stacey Augmon
Greg Anthony
Anthony "The Beast" Bennett
Reggie Theus / Curtis Terry
Wendell " Baby Bull" White / Joe Darger
J.R. Rider
Kevin Kruger
Anthony "The Mayor" Marshall

Gerald Paddio
Jarvis Basnight
Armon Gilliam
Stacy Augmon
Larry Johnson
JR Rider
Mark Wade
Kas Kambala
Warren Rosegreen
Kevin Kruger

Reactions: tarkaniancourt...nm
Greg Anthony
Stacey Augmon
Larry Johnson
Anderson Hunt
Moses Scury (Loved when he would rip down the rebound and scream on a missed free throw when it was the 1st of 2 shots)
Armon Gilliam
Freddie Banks
Marcus Banks
Spoon James (Credit whoever used to bring the spoon that lit up, I think it was the same people that would bring the hammer that would light up for Armon Gilliam)
Sidney Green

Brian Emerzian was just out of the top 10. I don't know why but I used to go crazy when he would get in the games!

Greg Anthony
Stacey Augmon
Larry Johnson
Anderson Hunt
Moses Scury (Loved when he would rip down the rebound and scream on a missed free throw when it was the 1st of 2 shots)
Armon Gilliam
Freddie Banks
Marcus Banks
Spoon James (Credit whoever used to bring the spoon that lit up, I think it was the same people that would bring the hammer that would light up for Armon Gilliam)
Sidney Green

Brian Emerzian was just out of the top 10. I don't know why but I used to go crazy when he would get in the games!
Everyone would go crazy when Emerzian would get in.

I don't even know who that is lol
You could lose your Rebel Card for this offense...
Brian Emerzian was Tark's favorite walk on. An undersized Armenian kid who practiced hard, saw garbage minutes and won the fans over.

You could lose your Rebel Card for this offense...
Brian Emerzian was Tark's favorite walk on. An undersized Armenian kid who practiced hard, saw garbage minutes and won the fans over.

okay that explains it. I wasn't old enough to ever get to watch Tarks teams play. I was like 8 for the NT team and barely remember that.

One of my favorite players to watch who has not been mentioned already was Jermaine "Sunshine" Smith.

in no particular order:
Chop Jones
Louis AMundson
Joel Anthony
Marcus Banks
Rene Rougeau
Kendall Wallace
Darris Santee
Matt Shaw
Mike Moser
Dalron Johnson

Augmon
LJ
Hunt
Butler
Rider
Umeh
Wendell White
Wink
Marshall
McCaw

Future candidates: Zimm, Morgan, Goodluck

(Honorable mention: Dickel, Joel Anthony, Amundson, Hawkins, Marion, Vaughn)

Greg Anthony
Stacey Augmon
Larry Johnson
Anderson Hunt
Armon Gilliam
Freddie Banks
Marcus Banks
Sidney Green

SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON JAMES!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT