ADVERTISEMENT

Your opinion on sitting a guy upon one mistake

LVKryptonite

Conference POY
Mar 3, 2010
I honestly don't know if I am right or wrong, but my gut says that you can't pull a guy when he makes one mistake. You need to let him keep playing and let him know to shake it off and you have confidence that he will do better next time. I don't know how long the leash is, and it should be different for different guys, but it really feels like everyone is on a 1 mistake and your sitting leash. It doesn't get shorter than that.

Jones needs a longer leash, his game demands room for error. So exciting and game changing plays. Let the stud out of the stable to run. Is he a good 3 point shooter? I don't know, but he is shooting 30% for the season.

I'm a Jones fan, but all our guys are getting yanked after they make 1 mistake. Stop it. Believe in your guys, your recruits.

One mistake no. Although timing of mistake might change my mind on that. For instance coming out of timeout Coach says work shot clock down to 10 seconds and dude launches up a 3PT 5 seconds into clock. Yeah he takes a seat.

Or if it was for something specifically worked on during a week of practice.I could see a coach sending a message.

Rice doesn't have a quick leash at all. Most people think he should be pulling people quicker after mistakes. The reason Jones has been sitting is foul trouble.

As far as when is best? Very difficult to say. That is why the coaches make the big bucks. It will be most effective using different rules for different players, but then you are using different rules for different players.

Reactions: the Florian Trout
Jones doesn't make mistakes!

that's a tough situation. "coach, XXXXXX has done the same thing and he never sits". that could cause a lot of unhappiness.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT