ADVERTISEMENT

Wood goes undrafted. Wow!!!

Wood sure gave unlv fans the run around before he left. I wonder if his immature personality showed through at the combines.

Opportunity cost baby. He got his head inflated when he started seeing the mock drafts. Decided all he had to do was show up. Had his foot out the door all year. When you don't put in the work, you don't get the results you want.

I am glad you guys are seeing it the same way I do, I thought I would get hammered on here for my opinion.

I personally never cared for his attitude. I mentioned once before that I lost a lot of respect for him after one game where he had a bad first half. It was reported that during halftime he went to Rice and told him that he would go out and give it his all in the second half. He did and had a monster second half. Imagine what the season could have been if he put in full effort for every half of every game.

Nobody at this level should take time off mentally during a practice, much less a game.

Well said Rebelluver.... I wish him the best going forward, but he slacked off and got exactly what he deserved. Maybe now he'll realize that hard work pays off, laziness doesn't.

I really wish he got drafted. I have said it all before myself. He's got some red flags being so thin but having one of the highest body fat contents. He's not incredibly fast, a little lazy in transition, and isn't consistent yet with his shot. I think he'll probably do alright and keep playing. He needed that chip on his shoulder and reality check a long time ago. I wish him the best, and hope he works hard and can get picked up in the future. Good luck, Wood.

I really wanted him to go in the first round just because the more first rounders we produce the better it looks to recruits. I hope he catches on and makes the NBA but I also hope this will serve as a lesson to every other UNLV player that thinks they should leave early with just a 50/50 shot of being a first rounder. I bet if he was being honest he would say he made the wrong decision.

Vaughn on the other hand obviously made the right decision going higher than I saw him go in any mock draft. Hope he can represent

I think his attitude and work ethic did him in. He did not show that competitive attitude that is needed to be successful in the NBA. Maybe this will be a wake up call but to be honest, I don't think it will be. Being talented is great and CW is very talented. But in the end, talent doesn't win any prizes. The prizes go to talented people who compete day in and day out and work their buts off. Chris has not shown that he is willing to put in the work necessary to develop his god given talent.

That said, I wish him the best in coming years and hope he proves me and all the other doubters wrong.

Somebody is going to give him a chance. He's got too much potential to not give him a shot. He just needed a little reality check and a bit of humble pie IMO.

Would have loved to see him go in the first round. Only because it would have helped UNLV in recruiting in the future. Hopefully he can still make a team like Joel did and have a productive career. However, I think he might have not performed well in his team interviews because what other possible reason could there be if everyone felt his potential was so high. So they obviously ALL picked up on something. Go out and kill it now Chris because there are no guarantees in life!

he has signed a partially guaranteed contract, so that means he will be there after the summer league is over.

Sorry to see CW fall out of the draft - very excited for RV going 17 to the Bucks, but all my thoughts turn to this coming season and if the Rebels can turn the corner and live up to their talent level. It has been a long 4 years of bad basketball - I hope it come to a screeching halt this season. Thrilled for all the returning players - I really believe that can all have huge impacts. Not so sure about the transfers, but if the Rebels finally play full court defense leading to transition baskets - they will need all hands on deck to make that happen. I think the CBB is so half-court engrained at this point - it would be a great time to be a contrarian running team, but it wont be roll out the basketballs and shout, "run it guys", it will take a totally bought-in philosophy of hard nose fundamentals - or it won't work. Hmmm........

Don't know the stats, but how many guys that get drafted A) land a final spot on a roster B) able to last more than a couple seasons in the NBA?

Makes me curious, as there are only 12 slots on the NBA roster. Players, barring unforeseen events (injury etc) can have a solid 10-15 year career. Just seems that the number of new slots that can open up each year aren't that many. First round I guess are your best bets to work out. From there, man seems a hard road to make it in the NBA. Considering how many college players there are with the dream of the NBA. Only a very small % will actually make it. Which comes full circle to getting that degree for free isn't such a bad idea.

Wish Wood the best. Hope things work out for him.

True, Yellow.

Let's say a team loses 3-4 players on average each season. 1 or 2 tend incoming players seem to be free agents. The others, then, may be first round draft picks, D League or overseas (second rounders who play there to develop). That doesn't leave much wiggle room for someone who doesn't get drafted to make a team.

he had to enter the draft because if he put the same effort this season he would've been benched.

sad that it takes being absolutely embarrassed (draft party at Caesar's Palace) to decide your going to show every )(*&)(*^&^ that you are a real player.

i'll never forget flexing at the BSU student section. one of the other embarrassing things he's done.

He needed one more year here.

I sure wish him the best. Always a Rebel. Here's hoping he catches on in Houston.

Hope he proves the doubters wrong but on the bright side, at least we no longer get to hear the comment that Dave Rice couldn't win with 2 NBA draft picks.

Agree. If CW gets drafted last years MWC 7th place Rebels would have been the biggest underachievers in conference history.

In the conference tournament we didn't have any NBA draft picks. No Vaughn because of injury and Wood got passed over (whether it's fair or not, I'd say it's bs but it's still a fact that NBA teams all had shots at him and passed). I couldn't believe it when those Europeans were getting picked at the end over Wood.

I think it's a little too late for that.

Our roster wasn't that good IMO. If Vaughn and Wood stayed and the team still struggled with the players coming in, well then yeah, that would be a big deal, but that didn't happen. I think the roster for next season is clearly better.

Only reason I could agree with you is 7th is so low.

Wood got lucky when these retard GMs past him over in the 2nd round. The kid jumped from 4 pts a game his freshman year to 15 points a game his sophomore year. He has a lot of intangibles that our God given and the rest is growth. Houston received the steal of the draft.
Chris is a good misunderstood kid who will make it in the league. BET!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: RunninRebel4Life
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT