ADVERTISEMENT

Wink blasting UNLV Coaches on twitter

Rebel Chi-girl

Lottery Pick
Aug 29, 2003
Henderson, NV
I am really bothered by Wink Adams (jovanunlv1) tweets just blasting the coaches and players. He called the coaching staff " a joke" among other things. I wonder why he is now so vocally attacking the coaches. He is entitled to his opinion but his criticisms seem personal and not constructive.

Wink's comments might not be constructive but he is entitled to his opinion. Those that don't like his opinion can just unfriend him, stop following, or whatever happens on that social media tool.

I'd also add that Wink might not be in the minority with his frustrations.

Wink's comments might not be constructive but he is entitled to his opinion. Those that don't like his opinion can just unfriend him, stop following, or whatever happens on that social media tool.

I'd also add that Wink might not be in the minority with his frustrations.
As I said, he is entitled to his opinion but you would think having played for UNLV, he would be more cognizant of the effect such negative public criticisms have on the players. He is coming off a little bitter.

As I said, he is entitled to his opinion but you would think having played for UNLV, he would be more cognizant of the effect such negative public criticisms have on the players. He is coming off a little bitter.

Perhaps he's worried about the state of the program when losing to a DII school like Dixie State. Wait, wrong team. Chaminade I mean.

Perhaps he's worried about the state of the program when losing to a DII school like Dixie State. Wait, wrong team. Chaminade I mean.
Well then that wouldn't be fair because we didn't lose to them, we beat them by 20.

The first half was lacking because of the letdown effect. Happens to the best of teams.

Take my comments here with a grain of salt though. I was in route to Utah so I missed the first half.

Considering he is an assistant HS coach, I am not sure how much I can take out of what he said. But, it is known by everyone that coach Rice is on the hot seat and must win some of the big games and most of the MWC games. Indiana has become a really important game for Rice to win.

Indiana is important, but I still don't think it is must win. I'd go as far as saying he can lay a stinking egg in nonconference play losing to every team with name recognition and be successful as long as he kicks major in conference and finishes the regular season as the undisputed champ. Just my 2 cents.

I don't even think the players know who Wink Adams is..

Reactions: RebelSoldat
It was a very disappointing game for most UNLV fans and he said some things that he apologized for. The frustration level is pretty high in Rebel Land and watching Kansas pick apart UCLA it looks like we'll need the big bottle of pepto bismo.

I'm far more disturbed at seeing how easily Kansas handled UCLA. They made the Bruins look like a cupcake. That was embarrassing after we just lost to UCLA.

I still have hopes that our team will do well though, so I'm not saying the sky is falling yet. Thankfully we have a nonconference schedule which will give this team plenty of chances to prove itself before conference play.

I can't disagree with Wink. Season just getting started. Lots of ball to play. Still early, lots of new players, same things everyone been saying for just about every season Rice has been here.......

But I stopped blaming the players after last season. It's the coaching. Hopefully they have learned and improve.

Indiana is important, but I still don't think it is must win. I'd go as far as saying he can lay a stinking egg in nonconference play losing to every team with name recognition and be successful as long as he kicks major in conference and finishes the regular season as the undisputed champ. Just my 2 cents.
See, I think it is a must win. Laying eggs in non-conference very rarely leads to good conference play. We need a couple of good non-conference wins, and win vs. a top-15 Indiana squad goes a long way. I agree it's early, but you can't lay eggs all the time and expect to gain confidence. We need this one.

Rebels need to win some of these marquee match ups. The most important reason is confidence. They beat Indiana - they have a different mindset going into the tough OOC schedule in December (Oregon, Wichita St. ASU, AZ)

See, I think it is a must win. Laying eggs in non-conference very rarely leads to good conference play. We need a couple of good non-conference wins, and win vs. a top-15 Indiana squad goes a long way. I agree it's early, but you can't lay eggs all the time and expect to gain confidence. We need this one.

I get ya. I don't necessarily disagree with ya either. I suppose their is an assumption in my requirement of winning the conference outright in that something had to happen in OOC play.

Either way, we Rebel fans all agree something good has to come out of this season or ...

I get ya. I don't necessarily disagree with ya either. I suppose their is an assumption in my requirement of winning the conference outright in that something had to happen in OOC play.

Either way, we Rebel fans all agree something good has to come out of this season or ...
Without a doubt. Change is coming one way or another...

At least they recouped and beat Chaminade and especially Indiana.

What did he say about the players?

So now that the Indiana game is in the "W" column, I suppose those of you who declared it a "must win" are now fully onboard the Coach Rice bandwagon?

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
So now that the Indiana game is in the "W" column, I suppose those of you who declared it a "must win" are now fully onboard the Coach Rice bandwagon?
I really doubt it. So far we are 5-1 and one 3 pointer from being ranked and some people are still pissed.

Reactions: Mjs_702
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT