ADVERTISEMENT

Will Wade

He is Radioactive.
Honestly, who cares. At this point, we aren't the morality police program and can't afford to just brush aside guys because their personality might not be "nice guy".. if they win, I'd take them in a heartbeat. Sure would be nice to watch hoops again without wondering if I could do a better job coaching...

Honestly, who cares. At this point, we aren't the morality police program and can't afford to just brush aside guys because their personality might not be "nice guy".. if they win, I'd take them in a heartbeat. Sure would be nice to watch hoops again without wondering if I could do a better job coaching...
We should have had that attitude 20 years ago to avoid where we are now …. And if it didn’t work, we wouldn’t be in a worse place than we are now anyway.

There is nothing “Rebel” or trailblazing or unique about UNLV anymore. We became safe and nice and not quite as hated. Just be the non trouble making mediocre good boy … so Rebellious …. Our identity sucks.

We should have had that attitude 20 years ago to avoid where we are now …. And if it didn’t work, we wouldn’t be in a worse place than we are now anyway.

There is nothing “Rebel” or trailblazing or unique about UNLV anymore. We became safe and nice and not quite as hated. Just be the non trouble making mediocre good boy … so Rebellious …. Our identity sucks.
And so many of us are afraid some irrelevant and quasi- fictional NCAA hatred will come down on us for trying to be "not safe"... I mean it's better to be mediocre to bad for decades as a safe team than to enjoy winning programs and their benefits right?

Reactions: j. spilotro
Houston went after Kelvin Sampson after being down for 20+ years and hit a home run.

We should do the same and go after Will Wade.

He was supposed to be suspended for the first 10 games at McNeese State. Did this happen or did they appeal?

He was supposed to be suspended for the first 10 games at McNeese State. Did this happen or did they appeal?
Details I found:

Yep, no more pearl clutching from this guy. I grudgingly accepted the Spoon era because I thought we were close to getting thumped by the NCAA but I'd much rather be on the cusp of getting thumped by the NCAA and winning than running a clean program that finishes consistently in the bottom half of a relatively weak MWC.

This type of hire would be proactive, Harper and the administration proactive, I don’t know yet but his football hire was a good one. Will Wade would move the meter on so many levels and fit the “hire a former HC” mantra we all know leads to better success sooner rather than later!

I'm fearful that past events will make us unable to hire a coach with ANY stain on his record - and not nearly the Wade stain. I think the administration still wets their collective pants before they hear the second "A" in NCAA.

I'm fearful that past events will make us unable to hire a coach with ANY stain on his record - and not nearly the Wade stain. I think the administration still wets their collective pants before they hear the second "A" in NCAA.
No one at the NCAA cares a rats ass about UNLV. We've self administered enough of a death penalty to ourselves than anything a "stained" coach could do...

He was getting $ 2.5 mil at LSU. Even if he came here and was successful, he'd be gone in a flash.

No one at the NCAA cares a rats ass about UNLV. We've self administered enough of a death penalty to ourselves than anything a "stained" coach could do...
I makes no difference what the NCAA thinks, it's what our administrators think and fear. Fear locks people into inaction.

He was getting $ 2.5 mil at LSU. Even if he came here and was successful, he'd be gone in a flash.
Yeah, but we'd have had 1-2 good years to correct all the bad that has happened and getting to a positive trajectory quickly is exactly what we need. 2 years, 2 tournament trips, next guy up has a much better program to come into...

Yeah, but we'd have had 1-2 good years to correct all the bad that has happened and getting to a positive trajectory quickly is exactly what we need. 2 years, 2 tournament trips, next guy up has a much better program to come into...
I like this as long as we sign them to a big contract something like five years $ 15 mil.. That way we can get a big buyout when he leaves.

UNLV basketball is where UNLV football was in terms of attractiveness as a final destination for a coach. But in spite of the high potential for UNLV basketball, I think it’s always been much lower as an attractive final destination than people think. We are “lucky” Tark was so tarnished. I still think he would have stayed, but let’s face it, he never had a blue blood calling with a very supportive school and ultra powerful boosters …. If they had, who knows?

But we are a pit stop for anybody that has success in either sport, imo. It remains theory since we’ve only have one that bolted (Kruger) and that was with only modest success. The rest had been canned or “quit” because of illnesses which is a dignified firing.

UNLV basketball is where UNLV football was in terms of attractiveness as a final destination for a coach. But in spite of the high potential for UNLV basketball, I think it’s always been much lower as an attractive final destination than people think. We are “lucky” Tark was so tarnished. I still think he would have stayed, but let’s face it, he never had a blue blood calling with a very supportive school and ultra powerful boosters …. If they had, who knows?

But we are a pit stop for anybody that has success in either sport, imo. It remains theory since we’ve only have one that bolted (Kruger) and that was with only modest success. The rest had been canned or “quit” because of illnesses which is a dignified firing.
Yeah, I mean we're not going to build a Gonzaga. Even SDSU got lucky in that Dutch stuck around with Fisher long enough to inherit a "Powerhouse" and they got lucky he wasn't enticed enough to go to Minnesota when they came calling... it's just not the name of the game anymore, even at P5 Schools... Beard went to his "home" and bolted at the first bigger offer from another program... Shaka went to Marquette. Even Alford, should he have a good year in Reno isnt long for there...

Yeah, I mean we're not going to build a Gonzaga. Even SDSU got lucky in that Dutch stuck around with Fisher long enough to inherit a "Powerhouse" and they got lucky he wasn't enticed enough to go to Minnesota when they came calling... it's just not the name of the game anymore, even at P5 Schools... Beard went to his "home" and bolted at the first bigger offer from another program... Shaka went to Marquette. Even Alford, should he have a good year in Reno isnt long for there...
Alford would love Vegas … dude hates Reno.

Alford would love Vegas … dude hates Reno.
Haha I don't know if I could stomach that. If he won big here I guess I'd have no choice. Winning solves everything. On second thought hell yeah I could stomach it. Beats being irrelevant because where we're at right now sucks so much ass.

Huh? Otz bolted and has had good success so far.

Huh? Otz bolted and has had good success so far.
Yeah, forgot about that. He did use as a stepping stone. Somehow, someway, he was a 500 coach here but got a bump to a better job.

It wasn’t based on his time here, his success … but it was a necessary stop as part of the plan to get him where he is. So his was a little different but the point stands.

i just dont like the dude. Seems like a prick. Not very likeable. Even thou i think we would take a big step in the right direction i still dont want him.
I don’t think his own mother likes him.

Seriously, nobody anywhere has liked him, whether he wins or loses.

I don’t care as long as we win, but two coaches I wouldn’t want here are Hurley and Alford, for obvious reasons beyond capability or personality.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
I don’t think his own mother likes him.

Seriously, nobody anywhere has liked him, whether he wins or loses.

I don’t care as long as we win, but two coaches I wouldn’t want here are Hurley and Alford, for obvious reasons beyond capability or personality.
Hurley would get booed at every damn game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT