ADVERTISEMENT

Who would you like?

Who do you WANT to play in the first round of the Maui Invitational?

• Total voters

j. spilotro

Publisher
Staff
May 29, 2001
Las Vegas
unlv.rivals.com
We can follow up this who do you want to play in the first round Maui Invitational with who do you think we will play in the first round of the Maui Invitational?

Tournament teams: UNLV, Wake Forest, Indiana, St Johns, Chaminade, Kansas, Vanderbilt and UCLA.

I think we are going to get either St Johns or Vanderbilt in the first round. I'd kinda like to play UCLA in the first round.

You get three games there, opponents are bracket driven - if you lose the first two, you'll most likely play Chaminade on the final day.

You can look it up, but there is really no rhyme or reason to how they pair the brackets. Sometimes it looks like they might be seeded (as in the perceived best plays the perceived worst, perceived second best plays the perceived second worst, etc), sometimes it looks like they take geography into consideration. But most the time it looks like it was slapped together. With so many quality teams, it doesn't matter how it is slapped together, great games.

Indiana or Kansas would be ideal. I want these kids to stomp premium competetion like they have the talent to do!

Reactions: karaoke_jesus
I'll take anyone but Kansas. I'd rather not play them our first game, but would prefer Indiana, UCLA, etc.

I just want 3 wins. I couldn't care less who they are against.

The Maui is all about the RPI and getting quality wins so we don't rely on a weak MWC to get in if we don't win the league. The last thing u want is to be like CSU, sitting on 26 wins and getting snubbed by the selection committee because they didn't play anyone. If we play St. John's, Vandy and Wake it will be a waste of time IMO.

We can follow up this who do you want to play in the first round Maui Invitational with who do you think we will play in the first round of the Maui Invitational?

Tournament teams: UNLV, Wake Forest, Indiana, St Johns, Chaminade, Kansas, Vanderbilt and UCLA.

I think we are going to get either St Johns or Vanderbilt in the first round. I'd kinda like to play UCLA in the first round.

You get three games there, opponents are bracket driven - if you lose the first two, you'll most likely play Chaminade on the final day.

You can look it up, but there is really no rhyme or reason to how they pair the brackets. Sometimes it looks like they might be seeded (as in the perceived best plays the perceived worst, perceived second best plays the perceived second worst, etc), sometimes it looks like they take geography into consideration. But most the time it looks like it was slapped together. With so many quality teams, it doesn't matter how it is slapped together, great games.
The Maui is all about the RPI and getting quality wins so we don't rely on a weak MWC to get in if we don't win the league. The last thing u want is to be like CSU, sitting on 26 wins and getting snubbed by the selection committee because they didn't play anyone. If we play St. John's, Vandy and Wake it will be a waste of time IMO.
Nah, even that wouldn't be a waste of time. Three D1 wins neutral court? Those would count as a major plus on the non-conf docket, even without any being ranked. I'd think the tourney committee is always going to give points for wins away from home - which is what the NCAAT is all about. Plus, I'd I'm not mistaken, Vandy is supposed to be pretty formidable next season.

Vandy is going to be real good next year.

I want wake first round to warm up. Then let's knock out ucla and Kansas.

Yeah those 11 straight conference titles do most of the talking for him.... Rather not play KU first, would like to see them in Final.. Likely going to have a fun road, UCLA, Indiana, Then KU in Final....

Lol thanks not looking forward to seeing my friend Alford. Afraid to send Baby Baller to basketball camp there.

We have some payback due for Indiana, Kansas and UCLA, but I'd like to get the Bruins first because they are the most recent and they think they own us right now. Time to step up and kick some ass. Sorry Mrs DV, no disrespect, lol.

What storyline...Its not like Dantley spurned UNLV to go play for some D2 team and all of a sudden they have a shot at Goliath, heck that game wouldnt even be worth playing as far as competiton and RPI goes.... There is no story there, in fact might be more storyline between Zimm picking UNLV and then playing UCLA and Kansas the next season, like DVBballMom said.

No offense taken. I'd love to kick the hiney of the bratty bears.

Lol thanks not looking forward to seeing my friend Alford. Afraid to send Baby Baller to basketball camp there.
if i could script the scene, i'd have Alford giving you some crap and then you kicking him in the xxxxx.
i loathe that guy like no other.

if i knew we'd win, that's who i'd want to beat, but really, he has pretty much owned us.

What storyline...Its not like Dantley spurned UNLV to go play for some D2 team and all of a sudden they have a shot at Goliath, heck that game wouldnt even be worth playing as far as competiton and RPI goes.... There is no story there, in fact might be more storyline between Zimm picking UNLV and then playing UCLA and Kansas the next season, like DVBballMom said.
Pretty sure the question was "who would you like to see" well Chamimade is who I would like to see play UNLV and I personally would like to see how DW playe against his old team. If you look at the poll results, 23 other people seem to agree with me.

I'd prefer Vandy. Coming from a big conference and isn't a terrible team like Wake. Chaminade adds no value except story. Don't want KU or Indiana for the 1st game because if UNLV loses they'll most likely get one of the lower teams and possibly no TV coverage.

UCLA. Don't really care about any of the other match ups but if we meet UCLA we NEED to beat them.

Need revenge from Indiana..

I've given up trying to beat UCLA

I voted UCLA just because I want to play them over anybody else. You get to beat UCLA, beat Alford, west coast bragging rights, and beat Alford.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT