ADVERTISEMENT

Who starts next year...

smooth as butter

Lottery Pick
Jul 23, 2002
Okay I know it's to early, but since Big Zim has come aboard who do you think will be the starters next season...

PG:Seagars/Cook/Poyser

SG:pM/JC/Ike?

SF:Morgan/DJ/BZ

S4:CW?/BZIMM/BC

C:GO/BC/BZ

Red Shirt:NWG

This post was edited on 4/17 5:04 PM by tarkaniancourt...nm

Starting seagears mccaw Cornish Zimmerman GO. Or Morgan/Zimm if he doesn't transfer. I think he can make a Wood caliber leap next year.

Seagears 2Poyser/McCaw secondary options. Cook third option.
McCaw 2 Cornish/Jones
Morgan/Cornish 2 Jones
Zimm 2 Carter
Wood 2 Okonoboh

Also a possibility of Ike Nwamu in the mix.

Hopefully Rice sticks to what he said and those that are giving 100% at all time and earn the PT will be the one's starting. No promises up front.

Curious what Morgan does if Wood stays? I hope he stays... He will get his minutes and be a huge player for team by his Jr. and senior year. Was interesting that Woods tweet had a pic of all the bigs except Morgan.

I don't see DM leaving at all, my take from Wood's pic was that DM see's himself as a SF and was jus forced to play in the paint this year. Same reason we don't see Derrick Jones in the pic.

I think Wood moves to the 4 if he stays. It'll be more natural for him with his size, and is a matchup nightmare for opposing PFs. Zimm moves to the 5, splits minutes with GO at first to see who gets the start.

DM shuffles to the 3. He really needs to work on his shot before he ever starts, but he will also defend well and his size/energy can make teams struggle.

In order:
Seagears/Cook
McCaw/Cornish/Poyser
Morgan/Jones/(Jackson if reclassified) - All 3 of these interchangeable depending on matchup
Wood/Carter
Okonoboh/Zimmerman

4s and 5s pretty much interchangeable depending on matchup also.

I don't see any scenario playing out where Okonoboh starts over Zimm.

But in all fairness Okonoboh is still a starting talent although Zimm and Wood will be here.

Reactions: ijspencer
I think a lot of it is interchangeable as well, considering Rice has said on multiple occasions that he plans to roll deep this year. There will be a lot of subbing, so the answer to this question will probably depend on what the opponent gives us.

Lol, that was from when we thought Wood was staying. In that scenario Wood and Zimm would have started together. At this point Goodluck is a sure fire starter.

Carter is front court depth. he won't play the three.

Seagears
McCaw
Morgan/Cornish
Zimm
Okonoboh

This ^^^ And I like it.

Good options off the bench to provide flexibility, do different things. DJ and Carter should see big minutes. Poyser should play.
Anybody know how Cook is doing these days? Contributor next year?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT