ADVERTISEMENT

What Is More Important?

what kind of year would you rather have?

• Total voters

the Florian Trout

UNLV Hall of Fame
Jan 27, 2004
Carlsbad, CA
i'm wondering what you guys think is the best type of year. the reason is i have heard numerous times that the only thing that counts is the March Madness.

i'm not sold on that. i brought it up on another Topic that if we had got hot and won the MWC tournament and got to the Sweet 16. would that be considered a good year?

6th place in the MWC. getting swept by SDSU and BSU. losing to UNR at home. <--- a lot of anger there

i understand that getting the 3 in the mwc tournament and getting to the Sweet 16 would be a fantastic ending to any season.
i also understand that being a ranked team, higher seed in the tournament and losing in the 1st round sucks.

anyways, just wondering how everyone else thought & how the new polls work.

Winning the Mtn west is important. The ranking just adds to the excitement and national attention.

Seems like a more likely scenario to make Sweet 16 if we do those things first. Plus it's much more exciting to win consistently than to have a hot 2 game streak.

Making the tournament. ANything else from there is icing based on the last couple years.

Finishing 2nd or 3rd in the MWC and making the Sweet 16 actually sounds like a pretty good year. Winning the MWC regular season and tourney combined with being ranked all year and then losing in the first round sounds like a big disappointment. Think about it, if UNLV accomplished all that they'd probably be a 3 seed in the tourney, maybe a 2, that means we'd lose to a 14 or 15 seed. I'm just imagining how our fans would react to losing in the first round to a 14 seed as opposed to making the Sweet 16 and pulling a big upset or 2.

Last edited:
i guess getting 2nd or 3rd and a Sweet 16 would be very nice. so i should've put what we were this year. 18-12 or whatever it was and 6th or 7th place with a Sweet 16.

a good comparison would be would you rather have what UCLA had or what Virginia or Villanova had (i think they each had just 1 win in tournament). i think i would rather have the 1 disappointment of losing to a 4 or 7 seed than being disappointed at least once a week for the entire season.

would you consider Virginia's year a failure?

right now though, i'd take either.

i'm all over the place, can't think right now, movie about to start.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT