ADVERTISEMENT

What can he say?

WarthogRebel

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Most of us have our hopes set on KK getting at least 5 really good portal transfers. Impact players that can get us some traction towards post-season play.

But a question keeps nagging me. What can KK say during an in-home visit that would cause a player to choose us over dozens of other programs? KK's on the hot seat and all a transfer has to do is read the Tark board to find that out. The chances of post-season play are poor to non-existent. The country will only see you play if they stay up till 2 A.M. You will have nice facilities and a great arena but only about 1/5th of it will be filled with fans and only half of those them will cheer when the MC tells them that is what to do. When you talk to existing players they have to admit the season sucked.

I'm really glad I'm not the one that has to sit in front of a player and tell him how great it's going to be.

He will show them that they will get exposure during our non-con while we play good teams and when we play in a good tournament. He will also tell them that they are the favorites to earn playing time. He can show how he helped Bryce develop and even use stats to show that Gilbert’s scoring increased. Finally, he can hand them a blank check and tell them to scribble their NIL number. Then sign said check on the first day of class.

Most of us have our hopes set on KK getting at least 5 really good portal transfers. Impact players that can get us some traction towards post-season play.

But a question keeps nagging me. What can KK say during an in-home visit that would cause a player to choose us over dozens of other programs? KK's on the hot seat and all a transfer has to do is read the Tark board to find that out. The chances of post-season play are poor to non-existent. The country will only see you play if they stay up till 2 A.M. You will have nice facilities and a great arena but only about 1/5th of it will be filled with fans and only half of those them will cheer when the MC tells them that is what to do. When you talk to existing players they have to admit the season sucked.

I'm really glad I'm not the one that has to sit in front of a player and tell him how great it's going to be.

On the Tark Board Hot Seat? Does not equal Ed 🤡 Graney! Lol

Give him some time. If there is No improvement and he has a losing record next season. Then his seat starts to get a little warm but, not yet. IMO

Last edited:
Reactions: AnthemRebel
He will show them that they will get exposure during our non-con while we play good teams and when we play in a good tournament. He will also tell them that they are the favorites to earn playing time. He can show how he helped Bryce develop and even use stats to show that Gilbert’s scoring increased. Finally, he can hand them a blank check and tell them to scribble their NIL number. Then sign said check on the first day of class.
I like that bc. I might add:

Meet your new teammates / big brothers Isaiah and Shane. They’re juniors who’ve been around here a while now and are helping build a new culture. Both were RSCI top 80 guys just like you, and both have NBA-talent like you. They know the lay of the land and can show you the ropes. With talented grown men like that you can feed the ball to, a superstar PG like yourself getting 30mpg will get all the shots you want, be an instant superstar in the MWC, hometown hero & icon. The Rebels have sent tons of players to the league and always will. You can reach all your goals right here with thousands of real friends and family around you that you grew up with, all cheering you on.

The culture we’re building here values keeping the top Vegas kids home and helping them reach their goals. We do what’s right for them first and always. When they’re injured, we don’t pressure them to play even though it’s obvious how much they’re missed, instead we let them heal with their future in mind. This is a program culture for the good of the players, not shaken by pressure from anyone, especially not a handful of angry fanatics online who hold fanatical expectations and suffer from college basketball’s version of battered woman syndrome. When you’re here winning games and repping your city they’ll all look so small absolutely nobody will see them.

Last edited:
Reactions: billd99s
While you’re on campus, meet Rob Whaley. Rob is new to the program, but we’re really happy to have him and he’s really happy to be here. Rob just got done telling us, if you end up playing here and anyone tries putting a hard foul on you he’ll make them wish they hadn’t.

With guys like Rob & Key Hall on the roster, we welcome a physical game.

Last edited:
Reactions: billd99s
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT