ADVERTISEMENT

Update on parking

Doneoett

National Player of the Year
Jun 15, 2015
Some UNLV football attendees could pay more for parking than the price of a ticket to get inside Allegiant Stadium.

The school released prices for the first two Rebels home games, with the Sept. 2 game versus Eastern Washington costing $50 for a single game parking pass at the $2 billion stadium and $150 for the Sept. 18 matchup against Iowa State.

Single game tickets range between $33 and $512 for the Eastern Washington game and between $121 and $622 for the Iowa State game, the most expensive game on the Rebels’ 2021 schedule.

Lots B, C, D, E and F are the only Allegiant Stadium lots open to single game parking; the remaining lots are for season ticket holders who met various thresholds of Rebel Athletic Fund donations.

The parking lots open four hours before kickoff to allow for tailgating to occur.

For those who’d rather park offsite, the parking garages at Mandalay Bay, Luxor and Excalibur will be available and are the closest option for football fans.

Prices for both the Eastern Washington and Iowa State games are $102 for the Delano parking garage, $55 for Mandalay Bay, $50 for Mandalay Bay’s convention center garage, $70 for the Luxor L Garage, $50 for the Excalibur and $50 for the Arena Ramp N near New York-New York and T-Mobile Arena, according the MGM Resorts’ parking website.

It’s unclear if the Raiders offsite lots are available for UNLV games, but the lots weren’t listed on UNLV football’s parking page.

UNLV officials weren’t immediately available for comment.

• Sad
Reactions: LVRebel2000
How is Mandalay Bay and other strip properties going to control parking prices into their lots for UNLV football??
I would think the only way they could control those prices is if you paid for and reserved your parking in advance.

Reactions: UNLVbro
There are other lots much nearer the stadium that had lower pricing and included a shuttle that are likely to be open for the games, but the simple fact is I haven't seen Jack Shit from UNLV regarding RTC buses, why?

Reactions: WarthogRebel
Saw a message today from RTC that they will run shuttle buses from the same sites that they use for the Raiders.

Reactions: WarthogRebel
If there isn't an affordable parking option for UNLV football, I will eat my entire pair of season tickets - and they are front row and will never go back again.

$50 parking for UNLV football.

Nope.
Try contacting the RAF. They may have extra season-long parking passes available. If you have front row seats, you might already be close to the $350 RAF donation minimum

Season parking pass for Alabama is $200 and gets you within about a quarter mile of the stadium.

Try Wisconsin, or Ohio State, or Michigan. Then again, don't.

Allegiant has parking for, I believe 6,600 vehicles. I don't know if that includes drop-off areas, etc. Using the normal parameters or approximately 2.5 people per car, that is parking for 17-18,000.

By season's end, that may be plenty. But, with the new stadium, I would anticipate more than 18,000 for early games. The hotel lots, shuttles, etc should add a good number of parking spots. But, in a city that is now charging for parking at a growing number of places, that may not save a lot of money.

But, if you want on-site parking, that may be more in demand. Thus, costlier.
Law of supply and demand should regulate after a while.

This is not the old Las Vegas. We gouge. That UNLV should be different?

Try Wisconsin, or Ohio State, or Michigan. Then again, don't.

Allegiant has parking for, I believe 6,600 vehicles. I don't know if that includes drop-off areas, etc. Using the normal parameters or approximately 2.5 people per car, that is parking for 17-18,000.

By season's end, that may be plenty. But, with the new stadium, I would anticipate more than 18,000 for early games. The hotel lots, shuttles, etc should add a good number of parking spots. But, in a city that is now charging for parking at a growing number of places, that may not save a lot of money.

But, if you want on-site parking, that may be more in demand. Thus, costlier.
Law of supply and demand should regulate after a while.

This is not the old Las Vegas. We gouge. That UNLV should be different?
If there is parking at the new stadium for 6,600 vehicles, which to your point is 17k or so people then just open up the Mack lot with busses for the first few games, maybe make it a reservation based parking/bus ride so they know what they will need to operate it. Google maps shows its only a 18 minute walk from Mandalay Bay so if you dont want to pay to park there park somewhere else and make your way to MB, walk, Uber, taxi etc. By season end the stadium lot will be more than sufficient.

I agree. The T&M lot, with buses would be great. The Arizona Cardinals did, and may still, bus fans from a large high school lot.
The RTC buses can be great, too.
I wonder, though, if there is any pressure from the strip hotels to "encourage " folks to park there. I have info on that, but, in this town, everything seems to go through the gamers.
Reasonable parking would help attendance, that's for sure.

I would park at Mandalay and walk from Russell to Allegiant.

it’s a crappy walk in this weather but it will save you 50 bucks.

it’s a long walk, lemme warn you.

Allegiant parking will be a nightmare but as the season goes and our Rebels fold on cue, maybe more parking will be available later on in the season

This is insane. I am regretting buying these tickets and ever being happy UNLV moved into this stadium. SDSU fans were right about this debacle.

Still haven’t got an email about busses and where they would be doing their pickups from.

They want you to pay for the parking.

the busses are gonna be a mess. I was in the 104 route last Saturday and busses were late because of 74,000 people at Wrestlemania.

now, UNLV football will be less people but taking the bus maybe a problem.

I like the idea of parking at the T&M and bringing a bus to go to the games but this is UNLV we’re talking about..

It’s going to be messy at Allegiant regardless of crowd size.

Saw a message today from RTC that they will run shuttle buses from the same sites that they use for the Raiders.
I've been searching for this but I can't find it. I've got emails in to the RTC with no response. Could you copy that message and post it here so I could use it to keep searching?

I've been searching for this but I can't find it. I've got emails in to the RTC with no response. Could you copy that message and post it here so I could use it to keep searching?
The school are the ones that should be handling all of the BS.....

Warthog, it was in a tweet, not a communication from UNLV. So, well, it was a tweet. I hoped for corroboration, but, again, it is UNLV. Grain/salt.
RTC was secretive about Raider buses, too. I got more info from the cocktail waitress at the Santa Fe.

I did find the mention.. At. unlvtickets.com/unlv-football/transportation-parking/
Down the page, says more info later.

I did find the mention.. At. unlvtickets.com/unlv-football/transportation-parking/
Down the page, says more info later.
Yes, I did find that, but no additional info has been coming. I also have emails in to the athletic department about this with no response.

This may be a good start, but if it become popular, this will not be even close to enough capacity for those who could be interested in saving $100 plus.

UNLV Athletics
@UNLVathletics

·
52m

Gameday Tip #8:
@RTCSNV
offers a shuttle to
@AllegiantStadm
on
@unlvfootball
gamedays. Departs from UNLV transit plaza every 20 min. starting 3 hours before kickoff, ending 1 hr after the game concludes. $2 each way (public)/$1 each way for UNLV students

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT