ADVERTISEMENT

Line ‘em up: Predictions and Game Thread UNLV vs Utah State, 6 pm, CBSSports, second round MWC Tournament Predictions

j. spilotro

Publisher
Staff
May 29, 2001
Las Vegas
unlv.rivals.com
I'm wondering if the Rebels will throw a curve ball today. Anytime UNLV has faced a decent big man, they've doubled and packed it in to stop the big and the opposition drained threes all game long. You can win that way, but you're basically picking red or black on the roulette table. And we have lost that bet way more than 50% of the time. I suspect we will play it the same way, bottle up Queta, which I wouldn't do personally. I'd go straight up, cross the fingers with Diong and go straight up. If Diong gets into foul trouble, obviously UNLV would be in trouble since we don't have another big (remind me again WHY we recruited Martinez at all?).

The other thing is - we suck at getting to the line, but I think UNLV has to hit the lane hard because Queta bites. Get him into foul trouble and it could go a long way. Sadly, this means flipping the way UNLV typically does things. So I'm hoping for the Rebels to step out of the way they do things ... and I don't think we will see either. I think Otz will just throw out there what we do and hope for the best, which hasn't been the greatest.

But Rebel goggles on, UNLV is on fire from three and Utah State is cold, UNLV wins 67-66. We beat them once, this is at home, why not again?

Reactions: RunninReb1989
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News