ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV v Southern Miss

Rebel1986

Rebel Legend
Feb 25, 2011
Las Vegas
What is it with UNLV fouling Southern Miss every time down the floor? UNLV is missing their free throws and then fouling Southern Miss. They are letting them back into the game! While UNLV still has an 8 point lead, they do not appear to have a killer instinct and have had a bunch of sloppy fouls in the last few minutes. UNLV has hit 17 of 24 and Southern Miss has hit 11 of 14 at the line.

Where UNLV has done well is 12 steals compared to 6 for Southern Miss and 13 turnovers for UNLV to 23 for Southern Miss. The defense is doing very well. UNLV shooting 35% to 43% for Southern Miss.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Bruh..the low point of the game was some black kid named Morman scoring on us. Dude, maybe a name change is in order.

And then Keshawn got his ankles shaken into oblivion and was out for a good 3 minutes.

It looked really bad.

Glad the Rebels toughened it out and fought back.

I’m a little worried heading into New Year’s eve afternoon game against SDSU.

Time to exercise some demons.

That was an ugly win. Upside is if your shooting percentage is 33 and you win by around 10, your defense is good. Biggest problem I see is we get crushed on the boards every game. Pretty much all the Southern Miss offense in 2nd half was put backs.

Not a good state for a hoop team to be from with MISS in the name.

That was an ugly win. Upside is if your shooting percentage is 33 and you win by around 10, your defense is good. Biggest problem I see is we get crushed on the boards every game. Pretty much all the Southern Miss offense in 2nd half was put backs.

Not a good state for a hoop team to be from with MISS in the name.

I didn’t watch the game or even know there was a game for that matter, but after I read your post I took a look at the box score. You are right you don’t win many games shooting 33%. USM shot 43% and made more FGs. Looks like the difference was 3pt shots and a huge discrepancy at the FT line 11/15 for USM vs 24/33 for UNLV

I didn’t watch the game or even know there was a game for that matter, but after I read your post I took a look at the box score. You are right you don’t win many games shooting 33%. USM shot 43% and made more FGs. Looks like the difference was 3pt shots and a huge discrepancy at the FT line 11/15 for USM vs 24/33 for UNLV
Points off turnovers, especially in the second half.

Our match up zone often has guards underneath, and with everyone swarming to the ball, we are very subsceptible to giving up O Rebs. It is all predicated on forcing turnovers and converting them into points. But it has some faults. If we can't get the TO's we have a high potential to struggle, especially if we are also struggling on offense.

Reactions: Trax0r
That defense in the second half was a thing of beauty. 25 forced turnovers for Miss and the Rebs convert that into 30 something points. I watched the game but not the stats sheet. So I might be off with the numbers

That defense in the second half was a thing of beauty. 25 forced turnovers for Miss and the Rebs convert that into 30 something points. I watched the game but not the stats sheet. So I might be off with the numbers
Was a ridiculous amount of turnovers. Took Southern Miss right out of rhythm. I give KK a lot of credit too. Zebras were letting them play a little bit in that first half . Almost out of control ..he was in there ear constantly there. He wound up getting several makeup calls from some missed calls there early imo. Excellent job in that second half..harkless was on a mission.. Swarming defence back! No letting them off the hook this time

Was a ridiculous amount of turnovers. Took Southern Miss right out of rhythm. I give KK a lot of credit too. Zebras were letting them play a little bit in that first half . Almost out of control ..he was in there ear constantly there. He wound up getting several makeup calls from some missed calls there early imo. Excellent job in that second half..harkless was on a mission.. Swarming defence back! No letting them off the hook this time
MSU was so rattled. One of their pass almost hit their coach in the head.

The defense for UNLV is going to be good all season, but when UNLV has a good offensive showing they are really good and have the potential to beat any team in the MWC.

The defense for UNLV is going to be good all season, but when UNLV has a good offensive showing they are really good and have the potential to beat any team in the MWC.
For as long as they are beat their opponents , dont really care a damn if the offence is good or not.

You dumbasses doesn't realise what this team are made of or something. This is team that made of players who crowned Defensive Player of the Year in PAC 12, Big 12 and the SEC and Keshon Gilbert Parquet is hurt and he is a very very important player in the scheme of things. The team looked lost at time without him. Still, it is a tight and weirdly clean team that can beat anyone in the country.

You dumbasses doesn't realise what this team are made of or something. This is team that made of players who crowned Defensive Player of the Year in PAC 12, Big 12 and the SEC and Keshon Gilbert Parquet is hurt and he is a very very important player in the scheme of things. The team looked lost at time without him. Still, it is a tight and weirdly clean team that can beat anyone in the country.
?? Dumbass?

• Haha
I agree with on Parquet, but I do like Justin Webster offense. He gives a pretty good 3 shooter which is needed on this team. While it hurts not having Parquet I do think Justin Webster is not bad and it gives him experience covering for Parquet until he gets back

I agree with on Parquet, but I do like Justin Webster offense. He gives a pretty good 3 shooter which is needed on this team. While it hurts not having Parquet I do think Justin Webster is not bad and it gives him experience covering for Parquet until he gets back
Webster couldn’t throw it into the ocean. I think he hit only 1 three pointer.

Many of you want to see this team offence improve into whatever...Kevin recruited players that made their marks on defense. Are you expecting to fit a square peg into a round hole? This team is defensive driven...
I agree . Defense is always great to have and the best teams always have good D, but if UNLV can get better offensively that will help them finish high in the conference.

I'll take that label. But I will tell you watching sm warm ups and seeing that series of windmill dunks and alley oops and back door jams and then carry it right over to first half play and SMU dominating. I was impressed to see that second half turnaround. Hope that carries over..... Next!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT