ADVERTISEMENT

Line ‘em up: Predictions and Game Thread SDSU at UNLV, SUNDAY

j. spilotro

Publisher
Staff
May 29, 2001
Las Vegas
unlv.rivals.com
It's a couple days early, but why not? Remember, the game is Sunday at 1pm, not Saturday. My original schedule says Saturday...

I'm hoping it's very well attended. Not alot going on in the sports world. A presumably beautiful Sunday afternoon game. I miss the big weekend day games that UNLV used to have. It seemed like games vs NC State, Louisville, Temple, Georgetown, Arkansas, etc, were always these types of games. I'm sure they all weren't Saturday or Sunday day games, but it almost seems like that time slot is reserved for huge games (even though it's not). I have great memories of those games.

I really do think we will have a shot in this one. Being at home, I expect the crowd to get into it as they did the UNM game. I still think it'll be a meager crowd, sub 10000, but it should top the UNM crowd, so it should be a decent atmosphere.

I think it's going to be an ugly, typical SDSU grinder game. Neanderthal basketball, the very way the game isn't supposed to be played... I think that in itself keeps the game tight most of the way.

I'm going with a moderate upset in this one. UNLV 66, SDSU 62

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News