ADVERTISEMENT

RESET : Start over - rinse - cycle - repeat......... RESET: Start over - rinse - cycle - repeat

rebelwithacause

Rebel Legend
Mar 27, 2002
Being a fan of UNLV athletics is a purely dysfunctional. You have to be some kind of sick sadist to follow a rinky dink backwards screwed up flawed university and enjoy it ? why ? in no way shape or form does anything even resemble what i fell in love with 35 years ago. Tark and Harvey Hyde were fun - I dont even know WTF this mickey mouse shit is they are doing now. Its funny coming back to this board after taking a few months off. A few months ago I thought everybody was so worried we would lose our coach , turns out we wanted him fired???... it doesnt make sense...nothing does with mickey mouse U. Anybody care to explain???

When we hire the next HC all will be forgiven of it's a big enough splash hire? CA was not getting it done. Too much of a slow build. SLOW. I think we get a great hire. Way too much at risk long terms. imagine Prime Time getting hired here. The hype and media coverage would be insane.

"I think we get a great hire"

of coarse you do

Does your wife beat you ? lol... were you a batered child?...Im just joking - you are loyal - I will give you that

there is no insane media coverage bro - nobody cares - in a city of a couple million people UNLV's football interest couldn't be any worse for a large city. This site has like 50 people, most peoples FB page gets more traffic than anything UNLV related. Nobody cares , just you me and a few other silly die-hards. Prime Time was here yesterday in Tampa - He is in talks as we speak USF- he aint going to UNLV bro - nobody with a name will ever associate themselves with MIckey Mouse-- aint gonna happen - dream on

Last edited:
Dude, did you even watch the Reno Game?

He did everything to lose the game.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
Being a fan of UNLV athletics is a purely dysfunctional. You have to be some kind of sick sadist to follow a rinky dink backwards screwed up flawed university and enjoy it ? why ? in no way shape or form does anything even resemble what i fell in love with 35 years ago. Tark and Harvey Hyde were fun - I dont even know WTF this mickey mouse shit is they are doing now. Its funny coming back to this board after taking a few months off. A few months ago I thought everybody was so worried we would lose our coach , turns out we wanted him fired???... it doesnt make sense...nothing does with mickey mouse U. Anybody care to explain???
UNLV lost their identity a long time ago. It’s what I fell in love with too. Even the internal strife with Maxson fired me up. That the country and media hated us fueled those fires. That UNLV faculty hated them was awesome. We had a strong identity. It was the primary draw for me.

It slipped and disappeared forever (I’m assuming). We became the chip of the old block Rebels. We became the aw, shucks Rebels. The identity we had was a thing of beauty … and everyone in college basketball recognizes that identity. UNLV hasn’t had any zest, any flavor, for a long time.

Most the players don’t know what we were … coaches don’t care what we were … so we will never have that again, not like that.

So we are what we are now … it’s far less interesting and entertaining … but, you know, this is what a lot of people wanted. Of course they wanted to win at the same time, winning and being the milquetoast would be fine and dandy. It milquetoast is just fine by itself to those same people.

Reactions: rebelwithacause
When we hire the next HC all will be forgiven of it's a big enough splash hire? CA was not getting it done. Too much of a slow build. SLOW. I think we get a great hire. Way too much at risk long terms. imagine Prime Time getting hired here. The hype and media coverage would be insane.
Wow, slow build now is less than 3 years … I think 3 is fine for hoops, I think football is probably four.

You wanted him extended in October. Pretty quick flip there.

Hawaii and unr - are why he is gone as the coach. Both teams are in the bottom 10 (UNLV was also in the bottom 10). UNLV did everything they could to lose to unr, this is the same unr that lost 9 straight games coming into the UNLV game, and didn't win a single game in the MWC! I was surprised, but do believe they have a legitimate case to let him go after the way this season fell apart!

Wow, slow build now is less than 3 years … I think 3 is fine for hoops, I think football is probably four.

I don't recall that.. I did see improvement then all the wheels fell off. including injuries.

UNLV lost their identity a long time ago. It’s what I fell in love with too. Even the internal strife with Maxson fired me up. That the country and media hated us fueled those fires. That UNLV faculty hated them was awesome. We had a strong identity. It was the primary draw for me.

It slipped and disappeared forever (I’m assuming). We became the chip of the old block Rebels. We became the aw, shucks Rebels. The identity we had was a thing of beauty … and everyone in college basketball recognizes that identity. UNLV hasn’t had any zest, any flavor, for a long time.

Most the players don’t know what we were … coaches don’t care what we were … so we will never have that again, not like that.

So we are what we are now … it’s far less interesting and entertaining … but, you know, this is what a lot of people wanted. Of course they wanted to win at the same time, winning and being the milquetoast would be fine and dandy. It milquetoast is just fine by itself to those same people.
The part that is frustrating is the BS. So much of what UNLV does is all political. Its discouraging that athletics are tied to a University and State Political system - As Nevada has changed - So has UNLV. Just like VEgas - its not what it used to be anymore either. Its sad - but it is what it is. At least we have our memories. KIds dont even know what happened 2 years ago ...let alone 30 years ago. Ya might as well be telling them about how we used to hoop with peach baskets.. HIstory- it really doesn't matter at all. ... I do feel pretty happy with what Kevin is doing. This bball season might be fun.

I liked all the moved AD Erick Harper has made up to now. I'm not a fan of this move. UNLESS he proves me wrong and makes "the big splash" hire that is transformative in every way.

If he does that, he goes down as one of the best ADs in UNLV history.

Reactions: bcvegaspt

You know Joe, I just hope that there is a plan. That this was not just a knee jerk reaction. I hope that all of the money is raised and committed. I also hope that there has been a lot of footwork done on the coach. If the name is not a prominent one I'll be disappointed. To me, it has to be a home run or else they should have waited another year.

You know Joe, I just hope that there is a plan. That this was not just a knee jerk reaction. I hope that all of the money is raised and committed. I also hope that there has been a lot of footwork done on the coach. If the name is not a prominent one I'll be disappointed. To me, it has to be a home run or else they should have waited another year.
I don’t think it was knee jerk at all. I think they probably contemplated the potential from before the season even began.

Harp is a different person and it’s not fair to pin the absolute and complete ignorance of DRF on him, it’s not fair to pin the complete incompetence and pettiness of TKM on him, either. And it’s not fair to pin Cavagnaro’s laziness on him, or Hamrick’s buffoonery on him … this is his first major move, let’s see what he does with it.

Maybe he is completely different and has done the leg work. I hope so, that’s what a real AD does (Hamrick did do it with LK though) … given the history of UNLV admin, I expect more of the same, that’s all.

And I don’t think it has to be a home run, but it has to be a substantial improvement. If not, I agree … you hold onto Arroyo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT