ADVERTISEMENT

PG Spot

With Jerome Seagears having a year of practice, and Daquan out for part of last year, I would have to give the nod to JS. But, from what I have read and heard, it sounds like Poyster is coming in with the mission of playing a lot of minutes. It should be fun watching the practices.

JS > Poysner > Cook.... I think Cook will bring experience but JS and Poysner are more talented offensively and JS is a Senior... Cook will be a good backup in 2016

I would give the nod to Seagears, due to his experience. Basically has 4 years under his belt. Excited to see Poysner play! From what I heard he keeps moving up the charts.

I hope Cook gets his day. Give the kid credit for battling and hanging in there through all the ups and downs. Most would have just transferred. Cook has stood by his word, team and commitment.

I maybe the only one but, I wouldn't mind seeing McCaw have a shot at PG. As a freshman he really took control at times last year and made some great plays.

I would give the nod to Seagears, due to his experience. Basically has 4 years under his belt. Excited to see Poysner play! From what I heard he keeps moving up the charts.

I hope Cook gets his day. Give the kid credit for battling and hanging in there through all the ups and downs. Most would have just transferred. Cook has stood by his word, team and commitment.

I maybe the only one but, I wouldn't mind seeing McCaw have a shot at PG. As a freshman he really took control at times last year and made some great plays.
Cook is my favorite Rebel. like you said, "most would have just transferred". to me that means a lot. he's been a great teammate from what i've seen. always cheering his teammates even if he is warming the bench.

the Freshmen who are now to be Sophomores are climbing the ladder for me too, but Cook is my man right now.

Reactions: karaoke_jesus
Cook is my favorite Rebel. like you said, "most would have just transferred". to me that means a lot. he's been a great teammate from what i've seen. always cheering his teammates even if he is warming the bench.

the Freshmen who are now to be Sophomores are climbing the ladder for me too, but Cook is my man right now.
I am also a Daquan Cook guy. No inside info here, but I think some will be surprised with his contribution this year

I think a lot of people like Daquan. Does he become the "fan favorite" guy? I think he has a lot of strengths, but we al know he has a few weaknesses too.

Cook is Rice's longest-tenured Rebel. Loyalty, and better court vision than anyone thinks. Needs size, but should make a great contribution off the bench this season. Won't start. Seagers will.

Reactions: Dloch002
McCaw has shown us he can be really good, even at the point. No one else has, including Cook. I root for all of them equally, and hope that they all play well. Frankly, I have no idea who will grab or deserve most of the minutes at point.

i sure wish would've been healthy last season. defensively the previous year he was our best at keeping attacking guards out of the paint. without that injury, he would've been the starter (or at least the finisher) by the end of the year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT