ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Colin Kaepernick calls his parents racist.

RebelScrub

Making UNLV relevent again for locals
May 29, 2001

I’m just trying to think why would he snitch out his parents because of the whole getting corn rows. Now his parents are gonna be targets..

My take is he was throwing a temper tantrum due to being relegated to a backup not for the excuse he used. Gabbert was named the starter right after he started kneeling. Now I haven’t been in a training camp but I’m sure players know who will start. He opted out of his contract, Denver wanted to trade for him but not at what he thought he was worth. So his ego got him blackballed not the kneeling.

My take is he was throwing a temper tantrum due to being relegated to a backup not for the excuse he used. Gabbert was named the starter right after he started kneeling. Now I haven’t been in a training camp but I’m sure players know who will start. He opted out of his contract, Denver wanted to trade for him but not at what he thought he was worth. So his ego got him blackballed not the kneeling.
People forget how poorly he had been playing right before the kneeling began.

Did other, arguably less talented players get back up jobs before him? Yes. And on pure talent, even recent performance, Kap probably deserved a better shot.

But why would any team risk the the media circus for a back up player that played like crap his last several games on the field?

There is a reason Michael Vick got a second job and Kap didn't

He legitimately is his own worst enemy...

He has brought up topics that are of legitimate concern/importance (like criminal justice reform).

Unfortunately he follows it up with ridiculous comments or comparisons. A perfect example would be him likening the NFL draft to the slave trade and how it dehumanized people.

And their lies the difference between liberal and illiberal thought.

Did UNR put a statue up of him? I heard a year or two ago that was a consideration... just wondering if that happened.

Did UNR put a statue up of him? I heard a year or two ago that was a consideration... just wondering if that happened.
Not yet.

The game before we lost, the Reno fans were walking out of the Thomas & Mack, I was talking smack with a lot of them as they were heading back to their vehicles.

Just went with my ace in the hole, “Suge Knight over Colin Kapernick” I just kept on repeating it over and over.

There was a Reno redneck with his woman..
Ginger and all that I got under his skin

“Say it to my mother****in face” he said.

I just kept on repeating “Suge Knight over Colin Kapernick. Suge Knight over Colin Kapernick” even louder and faster.. I was very obnoxious about it.

Waved at him and kept on walking.

Cannon is red for another 6 months.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT