ADVERTISEMENT

Ooops. I’m not going to blame UNLV for a lack of insight on this …

What field does the Pac championship use? Do they use the grass field or our field turf. If they were planning to paint the grass field, this shouldn't be a problem.
Or do they have their own field turf field?

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I wonder how much TV dictated this. Game is on Fox and they have the Big 10 championship to follow. Probably the only way they’d broadcast it. Hopefully they had a plan in place for this, (remote) possibility when they set the schedule

They won’t change the dates. Doesn’t the field crew go from UNLv field to Raiders field the next day. This would be no different.
This isn't a 24 hour turnaround. Closer to 16 hours or something like that.

It was a consideration for the Raider/UNLV dates ... I don't know what they've zoomed in on as the optimal time/minimal time, etc.

It was a consideration for the Raider/UNLV dates ... I don't know what they've zoomed in on as the optimal time/minimal time, etc.
I’m pretty sure PAC-12 plays on their own artificial turf. So, the switchover would be from one artificial turf to another.

I would assume they would need a lot less time to switch these out versus changing from the artificial turf to natural grass gray for Raiders games,

I know these games are lined up ahead of time for TV purposes., but I wonder what kind of wiggle room they have with this. There are only so many conference championship games. You'd think they could make this happen.

I know these games are lined up ahead of time for TV purposes., but I wonder what kind of wiggle room they have with this. There are only so many conference championship games. You'd think they could make this happen.
I know initially, it was an issue if UNLV had a late game and the Raiders had a 1 pm game at Allegiant. But that was at the beginning. I don’t know how much time they shaved off that process now that they have some experience with it.

I’m not going to throw out numbers, because I’m not sure of what the actual number was … but it would take x hours to flip the field. And a 7 pm kick on Saturday into a 1 pm kick Sunday was a huge crunch (at the beginning).

I know initially, it was an issue if UNLV had a late game and the Raiders had a 1 pm game at Allegiant. But that was at the beginning. I don’t know how much time they shaved off that process now that they have some experience with it.

I’m not going to throw out numbers, because I’m not sure of what the actual number was … but it would take x hours to flip the field. And a 7 pm kick on Saturday into a 1 pm kick Sunday was a huge crunch (at the beginning).
Part of that was also extra cleaning since it was right in the middle of COVID. Not sure if they are keeping the same cleaning practices or not these days.

The field does take a good chunk of time to wheel in. So there certainly some minimum number of hours to flip the stadium.

Pac12-GameAction_2021-12-03_035-optimized.jpg

Looking at the field from last year, it looks like they use the real grass field.

Be nice to have all those Big 10 reps watching UW and Big 12 reps watching Arizona stick around an extra day, maybe have a beer or other adult beverage with Harper...

Last edited:
This weekend UNLV and raiders play back to back, so it would be fine for PAC12 and MW back to back days. I work at the stadium and after UNLV games within an hour they have about 20-35% of the field rolled up, they have it down to sconce now. Good thing is IF UNLV wins out and plays MWC at home, all the south end zone will be in place because they will have been rolled in already for the PAC12 game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT