UNLV Hall of Fame
Jan 27, 2004
Carlsbad, CA
Gone
Doolin
Kendrick
Wood (99%)

Staying
Vaughn (maybe not, but for arguments sake he stays)
Morgan
McCaw
Cornish
Okonoboh
Walker
Carter
Seagers
Cook

New
Poyser
Jones
Zimm (for arguments sake)

words that comes to mind are LOGJAM, TRANSFERS, or DE-COMMITS.
that Jones character is a the real deal and he will warrant getting plenty of minutes. Poyser will have to redshirt or cheer.
i have heard potential rumors about...that Justin Jackson was potentially going to re-classify for 2015.

call me crazy, but i think Jackson will be the best player in the last 20 years to wear a UNLV uniform. not saying he'll be top 1 pick, but he does EVERYTHING.

Lol, We haven't even got into conference play and you have already giving up on this team
sign0093.r191677.gif

Read his post again and I didn't see anything about giving up on this year's team.

It seemed to me he was talking about which players would be here next year but maybe I missed something.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Too early to talk about next year. I already spend too much time thinking about seasons during the summer. I'm enjoying the playing so far, and the team improving.

Looks about right, but my gut says we loose 1-2 more after the season ends. Nothing against the team or anything like that, just the way the chips my lay and a feeling I have. I also don't think it will be a chemistry issue or anything like that either. Just some decisions by two individuals moving forward.

All speculation and a gut feeling of course. Nothing factual, an assumption on my part.

Wood cannot play defense in the NBA. He may be gone, but I am not sure where he is going. If he returns, Wood, the 5 sophomores, and the two redshirt players make a hell of a team regardless of the ability of any of the new players coming in as freshmen.

But this season is just getting to be fun now. I am really, really anxious to see how much better this team can become between now and the end of the season.

Go Rebels.

Originally posted by 702Rebel Knight:
Lol, We haven't even got into conference play and you have already giving up on this team
sign0093.r191677.gif
oh no, definitely not that. i like this team. they're easy to like. what brought my thinking about this is that i like them so much and hope they could stay together for a couple years more.

then i started thinking about who was coming in and that got me to who could potentially leave. lots of mouths to feed. i really hope the Freshmen stay and i really like Cook as a PG.

i do see DW transferring and if RV comes back, i see Jones opting out and going a different route.

Originally posted by lvhiker:
Wood cannot play defense in the NBA. He may be gone, but I am not sure where he is going. If he returns, Wood, the 5 sophomores, and the two redshirt players make a hell of a team regardless of the ability of any of the new players coming in as freshmen.
does anyone play defense in the NBA? haha. that doesn't matter, neither did AB and he went 1st.

Wood is currently listed in the 20-22 range for the 1st round mock drafts. sure he can drop, but if he continues to play well (i'm not talking 19 straight points) his stock will rise.

IF he stayed, that would be ridiculous with the other 5 and the redshirts. won't happen though. he won't take the chance like Moser did.

Originally posted by the Florian Trout:

Originally posted by 702Rebel Knight:
sign0093.r191677.gif
oh no, definitely not that. i like this team. they're easy to like. what brought my thinking about this is that i like them so much and hope they could stay together for a couple years more.

then i started thinking about who was coming in and that got me to who could potentially leave. lots of mouths to feed. i really hope the Freshmen stay and i really like Cook as a PG.

i do see DW transferring and if RV comes back, i see Jones opting out and going a different route.
I dont think Dantley would transfer.. I think he would likely stay and turn walk-on to help team with scholarships... Hes a real team player and its not like he'll attract a ton of attention with as little run he gets

i thought kendrick would be better this year. he has been a good rebounder, but for a team trying to win games in the ncaa tourney. i would like a lot more out of our starting small forward. i hope wood and vaughn stick around for at least one more year so the program can really take it to the next level.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT