ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Summer League

bcvegaspt

Bench warmer
Staff
Feb 26, 2005
Twelfth seat if I'm lucky
Our boys aren’t getting that much run for their teams. Neither were coming back, so that’s not what this is about. Just pointing out the level of talent that we currently have versus where we need to be consistently.

This isn’t ripping CKK et al since we haven’t had guys participating, let alone playing, for several years.

Our boys aren’t getting that much run for their teams. Neither were coming back, so that’s not what this is about. Just pointing out the level of talent that we currently have versus where we need to be consistently.

This isn’t ripping CKK et al since we haven’t had guys participating, let alone playing, for several years.
I mean, you can’t be all that surprised. With where they currently were, you could see they were both fringe guys at best, way outside looking in. So I’m not surprised. But to be honest, those are kind of the types you really want … because they play more than a season or two of college hoops before reaching that fringe level. If Bryce was a true NBA quality, he wouldn’t have returned last season, imo.

Three star type guys that stay 3+ years have great value, 4 star type guys, even better. But high 4 star and 5 star types, you might get them for two years if you are lucky.

But yeah, when Fatbody Roddy is the best and only NBA in the league, says something about league talent and it says something about where we are with talent. And when the league implodes in the NCAAT, it tells you that the league was over-rated.

It would be nice to have some UNLV guys that are sure fire draft picks in the future. I know he was one of the biggest busts in NBA history but who wasn’t beaming with pride when UNLV’s own “AB“ went number 1 overall in the NBA draft! It would be nice to see some of our guys get drafted like CSU’s David Roddy did this last draft.

Last edited:
does anyone keep up with Anthony Bennett?

who cares if he sucked at the next level. He was electric at UNLV.

his stamina sucked.

Reactions: Oscar_m89
It would be nice to have some UNLV guys that are sure fire draft picks in the future. I know he was one of the biggest busts in NBA history but who wasn’t beaming with pride when UNLV’s own “AB“ went number 1 overall in the NBA draft! It would be nice to see some of guys get drafted like Roddy did.
I jumped up and down and yelled alittle when they called Bennetts name. It Definately made my 🌙 night.

It would be nice to have some UNLV guys that are sure fire draft picks in the future. I know he was one of the biggest busts in NBA history but who wasn’t beaming with pride when UNLV’s own “AB“ went number 1 overall in the NBA draft! It would be nice to see some of our guys get drafted like CSU’s David Roddy did this last draft.
It brought back glory day feelings for sure. Really sucks that Bennett is now known as the worst #1 pick in the history of the NBA.

Garbage draft year.

Oladipo is only around and he garbage.
Except you forgot about a guy from Greece named Giannis at #15th overall. I’m not sure but I think he worked out.

Fun fact was Shabazz was picked at #14 ahead of Greek Freak.

I spoke with a younger pro ball player who played against Shabazz earlier this year in the Phillipines I believe. He said Shabazz was destroying the league and could play in the league again if he stays healthy.

Except you forgot about a guy from Greece named Giannis at #15th overall. I’m not sure but I think he worked out.

Fun fact was Shabazz was picked at #14 ahead of Greek Freak.

I spoke with a younger pro ball player who played against Shabazz earlier this year in the Phillipines I believe. He said Shabazz was destroying the league and could play in the league again if he stays healthy.
Shabazz looked like he was doing ok but then disappeared. I keep up on guys like Troy Brown and his stats are McCaw-like. I don't understand how he sticks and Shabazz is out unless it's defense and attitude thatthe difference.

Hamilton getting good minutes for heat tonight vs clips. Drew one "wow" from the announcer on a nice spin and hoop. But is 3 for 10 at the half. So pretty much average for him.

Reactions: Rebelhustle
Hamilton getting good minutes for heat tonight vs clips. Drew one "wow" from the announcer on a nice spin and hoop. But is 3 for 10 at the half. So pretty much average for him.
He is playing good D, but i think needs to play better without the ball.

Welp, pick which Filipino basketball team Bryce will be playing with.

Nothing wrong with that league.

If I had to guess right now, I’d say DW will get to the league long before Bryce. DW did not do much this time around and may have to go G-league but I think he is the one that gets there first out of the two of them.

If he wants to settle and make a living, yes but if he is chasing the NBA the G league is closely monitored by NBA with easy access to get called up if you are playing well. Neither of us know what he is thinking but if he wants NBA, the G league is the better option!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT