ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Jackson

I agree. And I would really like to know how he and his family and coaches decide what the best move is for him. Does he develop better and faster with another year of prep basketball or is transitioning to unlv now better? Damn if I know!

More than anything else, I hope we keep this young man on our team. Looks and sounds like an exceptional player and human being. I am sure he has better advice than mine as to whether he would get PT this year.

Seems like a good transition would be to reclassify and red shirt. He could practice with and learn the teams system. Get some college classes under his belt. Seems like that transition would make him.most prepared. But who knows... just glad he is coming to be a Rebel!!!

Reactions: Dirty Vegas
I agree. Get him in the system, practicing against D1 players. But I can see him waiting thanks to TKM's little win or else speech.. If he sits and RS then Rice gets the boot, hes stuck under a coach he might not want to play for... but Im all for the alternative, which is him getting 1 yr in system, us winning the MWC, and then next season being the run away favorites.. But hey Im an optimist.

I agree. Get him in the system, practicing against D1 players. But I can see him waiting thanks to TKM's little win or else speech.. If he sits and RS then Rice gets the boot, hes stuck under a coach he might not want to play for... but Im all for the alternative, which is him getting 1 yr in system, us winning the MWC, and then next season being the run away favorites.. But hey Im an optimist.

Using the "TKM speech" as an excuse if he decides to not come is retarded. He's already said, 'Honestly, I think because we have such a good squad right now [at UNLV], I’m not going to force myself into a position to reclassify. If the opportunity is there for me, I might think about it. But right now, because our team is so good, I don’t feel I need to come.'

Don't give me that bs TKM excuse.

If I were him I'd reclassify and redshirt. Better competition, easier transition to playing time next year. And if an injury happens this year and the staff wanted to pull that redshirt off, I'd have no problem with that either. He looks the part already.

JJ is a future lottery pick in my mind. That extra of eligibility is one he'll never need.

Last edited:
I But I can see him waiting thanks to TKM's little win or else speech...

If on one hand he's not interested in reclassifying because he thinks the team is too loaded, then it's hard to imagine TKMs message even hit his radar.

Sounds like JJ thinks the Rebs are going to be pretty good next year. I agree with him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT