ADVERTISEMENT

Juco commit

rebneck

Rebel Legend
May 29, 2001
I didn't see this mentioned elsewhere on here, so...

Jeffrey Waddilove

@JeffWaddilove

Top 50 JUCO Rob Whaley chooses #UNLVmbb over Wichita State & Boise State. Their 1st pledge for 2023, Whaley is a brute force, multidimensional type. At 6'5, he has elite post moves, can face up, has terrific vision, is a savage rebounder, & likes to finish well above the rim.

2:48 PM · Oct 17, 2022·Twitter for Android

Nowell, Gilbert, Whaley, Big Guard, Jensen, Isaiah Cottrell, Hicks, and the center from So Cal for next year. We need two PF's unless Ike gets an extra year. Jensen, Gilbert, Nowell, Hicks all point guards. Whaley and Big Guard are SF's with handles, center from So Cal, and Isaiah. That gives us 4 Juniors, 1 Senior, 2 Sophs, 1 Fresh so far. Gilbert and Nowell are high level Combo Guards, Jensen is lights out shooter, Big Guard and Whaley, 6'5 plus linebacker types, Isaiah to stretch 5, I'm already excited for next year after this years tournament team. We could also have some holdovers because of Covid rules. This years team will absolutely surprise everyone with its speed and 90 feet of pressure. We could run into trouble at BSU and Wyo with their bigs but they have to get the ball first.

All of our current roster is eligible for a 5th year depending upon MWC and UNLV scholarship restrictions except for Big Guard. This is my interpretation of the bulletin and not the official position of any representative of UNLV or players enrolled.

Some really thick players. We're still the Running' Rebs or not?

Whaley had a good, all-around night in #17 CSI's season opener last night, a 103-65 win over Central Arizona. He had 16pts 9rebs 6asts in 23 minutes of action. The Golden Eagles are back in action tonight vs #12 Lee, who lost 77-60 to #6 Odessa last night. They then wrap up the Hilex Poly Invitational Friday night against Odessa. Should be a shake-up in the juco rankings next week.

Keep an eye on these guys! My boys tell me Abdul-Hakim is an absolute freak.

JucoRecruiting.com National Team of the Week (Week 1)
College of Southern Idaho
Head Coach: Jeff Reinert
Enrollment: 7,615
2022-23 Record: 3-0
2021-22 Record: 24-9 (Hutch Participant)
Players Committed: Robert Whaley - UNLV
Week 1 Recap:
Won Vs Central Arizona 103-65
Won Vs #12 Lee 81-77
Won Vs #6 Odessa 63-62
The College of Southern Idaho Golden Eagles took care of their home court by going undefeated during the Hilex Poly/Physician's Immediate Care Invitational in Twin Falls, ID. UNLV commit Robert Whaley finished with 17 points, 9 rebounds, and 4 assists in a 103-65 win vs Central Arizona in the home opener on Wednesday. The first ranked win came against #12 Lee College on Thursday (81-77). This was a revenge game from a year ago when Lee upset CSI to begin the season. The Golden Eagles stars played well and Hasan Abdul-Hakim led CSI with 18 points, 5 rebounds, and 3 assists.
Friday night provided the headliner with #6 Odessa coming to town in the nightcap in front of a tremendous junior college crowd. In a back & forth game, CSI came out on top 63-62 after 6’9 RS-Sophomore Joel Armotrading blocked Anthony Marshall’s (Odessa) game-winning attempt at the rim. Armotrading controlled the paint all evening long with 12 rebounds, 7 points, and 8 blocks.
The win gives CSI a 3-0 start to the season with two big home wins over ranked opponents.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT