ADVERTISEMENT

Jerome Seagears

knights1212

Conference POY
Sep 9, 2003
I'm just wondering how things are looking for Jerome for you guys this coming season. He played 3 years for us at Rutgers. I just read that Eli Carter who played 2 years with Jerome at RU and just graduated from Florida will be visiting UNLV this weekend. He is immediately eligible. If he comes to UNLV you guys could have Jerome and Eli, two former RU guards on the court at the same time.

I'm excited for Seagears to come on and he will probably be the starting PG at least in the beginning. Our team is again going to be very young, so his experience will help tremendously. I'm excited to watch him this upcoming season. I don't know much on Eli Carter yet. Will wait to hear about his decision. Good luck to Rutgers this season.

Personally I think adding another guard at this time would be disruptive to the cohesiveness of the team. We are pretty loaded at the guard spots in my opinion. I haven't seen or heard much about JS so I can't really offer anything there. I do like that he spent the entire year last year working with the team and he should bring senior leadership at the point which is a valuable commodity and that should help.

I thought the whole idea behind the reset of 2014 was to sprinkle in transfers. If Eli Carter ends up on the team 40% of a potential 10-man rotation would be transfers. If the Rebels end up playing a "normal" 8 man rotation - half the players vying for PT will be transfers.

Last edited:
We won't be playing an 8 man rotation.... especially after what we experienced last season with depth. And there is a method to the madness. Bring in right type of experienced transfer(Senior 1 yr left etc.), dont allow core to feel replaced by over recruiting new freshman at their positions, mix lineups of highly talented young players with experienced talented transfers...

I would love to see the Rebels go 10 deep, play full court D leading to easy transition baskets. I'll believe it when it happens. But when the reset of '14 took place - sprinkle was the definition regarding transfers and one-year later the Rebels are all in for whomever they can add to a bulging roster. Have a plan/vision and make it come to life. Let's Run! Go Rebels!

He says "I have a vision" and then his boss comes in and says you have 1 yr to win or youre out... his vision is 4+ yrs starting with tge rebuild last season yet has 1 yr to succeed. Thats why hes adding transfers, albiet carefully. Key is keeping the 4 guys from last yr..

Actually this is year 5, not year 1. My only point is that transfers had a lot to do (we were told) with sinking years 2 and 3, and now that is a good strategy? Love the returning Sophomore class hope their progress is not impeded with the transfers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT