ADVERTISEMENT

In conference play

Kruger's brother Fred

All American
Feb 27, 2010
We are second in free throw percentage at .735.

We have fallen to 9th in defensive rebounding and rebounding margin, and are dead last in defensive rebounding percentage.

That's an early weakness that became a strength and an early strength that became a weakness.

1st in blocked shots, 2nd in three pointers made, and second in attendance.

stats

lol I wonder if the rebounding percentages will convince CW to stay an extra year

I keep saying it...defensive rebounding is the easiest fixable flaw this team has that would immediately make them a MWC contender. They gave up several critical late-second half offensive rebounds in the losses to UNR, Boise, and New Mexico. All three of those games ended regulation with us either tied or down 2 points. Even a small improvement in defensive rebounding would have turned those games in Ws.

To me the biggest problem is with the guards, with the exception of Vaughn. The guards need to do a better job of finding a man after the shot goes up and boxing out. They should all crash the boards because its not like they are looking to run any sort of up-tempo transition offense.

Originally posted by Rebelnomics:
I keep saying it...defensive rebounding is the easiest fixable flaw this team has that would immediately make them a MWC contender. They gave up several critical late-second half offensive rebounds in the losses to UNR, Boise, and New Mexico. All three of those games ended regulation with us either tied or down 2 points. Even a small improvement in defensive rebounding would have turned those games in Ws.

To me the biggest problem is with the guards, with the exception of Vaughn. The guards need to do a better job of finding a man after the shot goes up and boxing out. They should all crash the boards because its not like they are looking to run any sort of up-tempo transition offense.
haha, yeah, they're not "jail-breaking" at all.

K7G.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT