ADVERTISEMENT

if UNLV platoons, what would be your SCARLET & GRAY squads?

BleedRebelRed90

All American
Oct 10, 2013
Presuming Wood goes pro, if UNLV platoons next season what would be your SCARLET & GRAY squads? Here's mine:

SCARLET             GRAY
Okonoboh            Zimm
Cook                Carter
Morgan              Seagears
McCaw               Poyser
Cornish             Jones

These squads are based on balanced rosters & experience together (one veteran squad, plus Carter played a season with Zimm, practiced a season with Seagears)

If Jackson or Ike are on the roster next season which squad would they fit with?

We are going from please no one foul out to talking platoons. I don't think Rice will roll platoons.

Really platoon????

This thread isn't realistic there's only been 1 team talented enough to platoon and that was Kentucky last year. "Let's have a guy who's never averaged more than 1.8 ppg and shot .29 % from the field in 8.5 min per game, sorry cook has a lot to prove. How about Carter who averaged 2 ppg and 2 rpg?" Get off this platoon thing if wood comes back the depth chart should look like this.

25+ min
Wood
McCaw
Zimm

20-25 min
Okonboh
Seagers
morgan

15-20 min
Cornish
Jones
Carter

Scrub minutes

Poysner
Cook

Reactions: JTthe2nd
Nothing factual but I have a feeling Cook is not going to be the same player we remember a couple years ago. I think JS still wins out and do feel Cook will be very serviceable.

My updated squads:

SCARLET
Okonoboh
Morgan
Cook
McCaw
Cornish
Ike

GRAY
Zimm
Carter
Seagears
Poyser
Jones
TBG (Bellot-Green)

Again, I'm not saying that the staff would implement a platoon system, but the basics would look like:
1) Two six-man squads. Which squad "starts" would be determined by which showed the most defensive intensity in the previous game.
2) Most of the first half would feature squads alternately rotating in.
3) The second half would settle in to a rotation of players that have proven effective against the personnel the opponent has on the floor.

This would give at least 10 guys the opportunity to step forward in each game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT