ADVERTISEMENT

"I fully expect to be the coach still"

Corp03

All American
Mar 23, 2003
Dave Rice said that after the game. Didn't Rollie Massimino say the same thing after everyone found out about his side deal?

Reactions: natchampin2
I think underneath all of his nice-guy personality is a streak of delusion to believe not only that he can "fix" the problem, but that he deserves continuous opportunities and time to do so. He's done nothing but sink the program and has turned UNLV into the doormat of the league. He'll flat out keep driving this thing into the ground until UNLV finally releases him.

I think underneath all of his nice-guy personality is a streak of delusion to believe not only that he can "fix" the problem, but that he deserves continuous opportunities and time to do so. He's done nothing but sink the program and has turned UNLV into the doormat of the league. He'll flat out keep driving this thing into the ground until UNLV finally releases him.

I certainly hope he believes he can fix the problem. Nothing wrong with that.

No idea if he believes he "deserves continuous opportunities". I doubt that very much. If he were fired tomorrow my guess would be he'd handle it with class. I don't think there's anything under Dave Rice's "nice guy personality" besides a guy who really wants to win for his alma mater.

The rest I sadly agree with.

Last edited:
I agree Rice is welcome to believe whatever he wants, but I think inside secretly he knows that he's tried everything he understands how to do and it's just not panning out. He knows he's out of answers and he looks dejected and defeated in post game interviews.

By him expressing he "fully expects to be the coach still" he's saying he entirely expects more opportunity at the realm. I guess what I'm saying is that his lack of coaching capabilities and track record should not warrant full "expectations" unless he's either ignoring his teams' yearly downward spirals or he's delusionally optimistic in his ability, or he thinks simple talk of getting better is worth a big dollar salary.

Rice can say and believe whatever he wants but everyone watching ain't buying it.

Last edited:
LOBO fan here, Hope whatever happens you guys get back to your winning ways soon. A strong UNLV makes for a better MWC. We always have a great time in Vegas, very friendly and knowledgable rebel fans. Your fans deserve better.

GO LOBOS

Thanks Wolfman! You can be my wingman anytime! :)

Wolfman.jpg

You been storing that picture monsterjam, and the ideal situation presented itself to use it?haha

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT