ADVERTISEMENT

Houston

My gut feeling is that Barry Odom wouldn't take this job even if it was offered to him. I think a job in the SEC would most likely be his long term goal, but you never know.

We open the season at Houston next year. Talk about awkward!

I'm going regardless. Who's coming with me!!?!?
Only awkward when we thump them next year with Odom and Marion while their fans blog about how much he wanted the job but Houston didn't want to pay enough

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Only awkward when we thump them next year with Odom and Marion while their fans blog about how much he wanted the job but Houston didn't want to pay enough
I didn't specify how that would be awkward.

But that would be the best case, and honestly most likely scenario IMO.

Houston has some nice facilities now, is in a better conference, will be able to pay a good amount more, not quite the same as other P4 schools, but much more than at UNLV.

A tougher job for sure. With OU and UT leaving it's easier, but the PAC additions will make it a bit tougher.

It is another mid to lower p5 job where it will be tough to succeed. Though it is a much better job than Indiana. The path to the playoffs much easier than a middle to lower B1G or SEC job

Here is a thought.

Should UNLV try to offer Odom and extension now? Helping the cause to keep him, but more importantly raises the buyout?

You would typically do this at the end of the season, but you will likely do this anyway. Plus it gives us more insurance for these remaining few opening.

Now may be tough with everything going on with the game this week, but maybe Sunday?

He already mentioned in his press conference when asked that he Harper has been very up front with him regarding $$. I'm certain that once the season is over (sans bowl game) we will hear of some sort of extension- like add 2 years, increased buyout, increased dollars for top 25, conference title, base pay, etc. Maybe some more money for assistants. Odom doesnt seem the type of guy if you take him for his words to be using interest just to increase his pay. Hes been around the name games long enough to know having success warrans others wanting you for that, but $ alone isnt the only reason for him to take a job and certainly not without due diligence. It sounds like in todays world, we'd know sooner rather than later if hes even entertained conversations or if its just "He's a candidate" because hes one of 2 or 3 G5 coaches that had really good years.

Odom said pretty clearly at Monday’s presser that he hasn’t been talking to any schools so either that changed over the last 48 hours or he wasn’t being honest. Up to this point I’ve no reason not to take him at his word. Hope he doesn’t prove me naive.

Odom has not talked to anyone himself. His son's commitment probably means that he will be staying put for this season. I dont see him jumping to another school now. Im sure they had that convo before Garyt committed.

But i do agree that he will go wherever his dad coaches. If Odom stays, we will have this same convo next season.

Odom has not talked to anyone himself. His son's commitment probably means that he will be staying put for this season. I dont see him jumping to another school now. Im sure they had that convo before Garyt committed.

But i do agree that he will go wherever his dad coaches. If Odom stays, we will have this same convo next season.
And I'd be fine with having that conversation for the next 5 or 10 years... lol

I took my kids to Balboa last week. I said “there’s always money in the banana stand” probably 18473839 times. They had no idea what I was talking about. In their defense they’re 9 and 12

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
I took my kids to Balboa last week. I said “there’s always money in the banana stand” probably 18473839 times. They had no idea what I was talking about. In their defense they’re 9 and 12
arrested development banana stand GIF

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
OK, a couple more than I’ll stop, I promise. The two quotes that are frequently used in my regular conversation are:

“I don’t understand the question, and I won’t respond to it.”

and

“Baby, you got yourself a stew going”

Carl Weathers was the best cameo of all time.

OK, a couple more than I’ll stop, I promise. The two quotes that are frequently used in my regular conversation are:

“I don’t understand the question, and I won’t respond to it.”

and

“Baby, you got yourself a stew going”

Carl Weathers was the best cameo of all time.

'These are my awards mother, from Army'

'I mean it's one banana Micheal, how much could it cost, ten dollars?'

Reactions: c-reb-run
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT