ADVERTISEMENT

Honestly, did not expect tonight to happen

Don’t think it matters. If SJSU loses, game against us is do or die for eligibility (.500 record). If SJSU wins vs SDSU, they won’t want to lose to us, but at worst they’d be 500.
If SJSU wins vs SDSU, then there’s a good chance the game against us is for a championship game berth. That might mean more than them playing for .500

Goes with starting a CB turned QB...
I can't believe they didn't try and bring in someone through portal... it's not like he was good last year...

They've had some roller coaster going from Pac-12, to being bottom of barrel in conference in less than 6 months... I'm I couldn't be happier for them, lol

Goes with starting a CB turned QB...
I can't believe they didn't try and bring in someone through portal... it's not like he was good last year...

They've had some roller coaster going from Pac-12, to being bottom of barrel in conference in less than 6 months... I'm I couldn't be happier for them, lol

Even under long QB is typically what held them back.

Defensively they could stay in a game against anybody. Offensively they would often allow anyone to hang around.

But this season is next level bad.

Our athletic department budget "bean counters" will soon wake up to this news and start to sweat. This is something they haven't had to worry about. lol.

"Odom also can make bonuses of $50,000 for reaching the MW title game, $50,000 for winning the MW championship, $50,000 for reaching a bowl, $25,000 for a Top 25 ranking and $25,000 for earning conference coach of the year."

Don’t think it matters. If SJSU loses, game against us is do or die for eligibility (.500 record). If SJSU wins vs SDSU, they won’t want to lose to us, but at worst they’d be 500.
If they beat SDSU, they would also have a chance at the title game if they also beat us I believe. They would finish with 2 conference losses. Which would be seemingly tied for the best record. Not sure how all of the tie breaking scenarios play out. Best case, of course, would be for there to be some way in which they win against SDSU and don’t have a chance at the title game. Not sure such a scenario exists though.

Our athletic department budget "bean counters" will soon wake up to this news and start to sweat. This is something they haven't had to worry about. lol.

"Odom also can make bonuses of $50,000 for reaching the MW title game, $50,000 for winning the MW championship, $50,000 for reaching a bowl, $25,000 for a Top 25 ranking and $25,000 for earning conference coach of the year."

My guy is about to head down to HR and ask for his 200k.

And he’d still be underpaid.

I'm trying to remain as level headed about this as possible.

It's only one season. We are benefiting from a light schedule. (We've had those before and still stumbled)

But if you are Eric Harper you absolutely find the money to make him want to stay, or the buyout big enough that you can make a similar level of hire again. He's shown enough in one season that I think he can consistently win 6+ games or better every year, and have Rebs in the mix for conference titles more times than not.

It is absolutely a different product we are seeing on the field.

Team is far better prepared. Adjusts/responds better to adversity than any team over the last 15 to 20 years.

Pay the man his money.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT