ADVERTISEMENT

Hate to Say it but

Pistol Pete 1

Retired Number
Sep 22, 2008
If Marvelous Marvin Menzies was still here our starting lineup this year may very well have been Ethan Anderson PG, Ntambwe G, Hamilton G, JTT PF & Diong at Center. I got a headache thinking about it and other things. I believe Dave Rice would still be here if he would have started Daquan Cook day 1 and let him learn, grow and develop but no he had to bring in a 1 year replacement every year. Or maybe I should wish we would have been satisfied with Kruger, or maybe he should have kept David Rice when he was hired. Recruiting was Kruger one weakness.

It just hurts to think I have been watching UNLV games since the Convention Center Rotunda days with Roland Todd and we have come to this mass catastrophe we call UNLV athletics. Desiree is yet to witness our MBB team beat Reno at least not while she has been AD. Our football team beat Reno her first 2 years on the job and then she fired the coach, that worked out great.

My friggin' head hurts.

Its a tough watch, no doubt (assuming you are actually watching it).

I'm stating the obvious that Lon Kruger is the best coach we've had post Tark (honorable mention Bill Bayno), and I think I drank the kool-aid that we could and should be able to do better than that. Sadly, I'm not sure we ever sniff another Sweet 16 again. Those days seem long gone.

Maybe massive realignment will come where there will be two divisions: a Power Conference league, and the rest. They may play cross games (but it would be the exception), but when conference ends, the two divisions go their separate ways and you have two National Champions: like NCAA and JC. Then we might be competitive gain.

Oh and if it weren't crystal clear, we would be placed in the lesser of two NCAA realignments.

Oh and if it weren't crystal clear, we would be placed in the lesser of two NCAA realignments.
i disagree. 1000% . We are in a TOP 40 media market. We have the #1 tourist destination in America. WE are tier 1 academics. Overall best facilities and stadiums bar none. UNLV name still carries some weight. Not Jason W. at 48 years old weight. Jason W at 10 years old weight. Not nearly as much but there still some meat on the bones. Other than success we have everything you could ask for. With more $$ from the Power 5 that would only enhance our chance to succeed! If the Power 5 joins together and takes schools outside of that we will be on that list. FACT!! I will bet Boston Pizza chicken wings on that.

Last edited:
Guys, we are a dump. Nobody cares about either sport anymore.

i disagree. 1000% . We are in a TOP 40 media market. We have the #1 tourist destination in America. WE are tier 1 academics. Overall best facilities and stadiums bar none. UNLV name still carries some weight. Not Jason W. at 48 years old weight. Jason W at 10 years old weight. Not nearly as much but there still some meat on the bones. Other than success we have everything you could ask for. With more $$ from the Power 5 that would only enhance our chance to succeed! If the Power 5 joins together and takes schools outside of that we will be on that list. FACT!! I will be Boston Pizza chicken wings on that.
You made a similar bet with me about how good of a coach Menzies would be at UNLV.

If Marvelous Marvin Menzies was still here our starting lineup this year may very well have been Ethan Anderson PG, Ntambwe G, Hamilton G, JTT PF & Diong at Center. I got a headache thinking about it and other things. I believe Dave Rice would still be here if he would have started Daquan Cook day 1 and let him learn, grow and develop but no he had to bring in a 1 year replacement every year. Or maybe I should wish we would have been satisfied with Kruger, or maybe he should have kept David Rice when he was hired. Recruiting was Kruger one weakness.

It just hurts to think I have been watching UNLV games since the Convention Center Rotunda days with Roland Todd and we have come to this mass catastrophe we call UNLV athletics. Desiree is yet to witness our MBB team beat Reno at least not while she has been AD. Our football team beat Reno her first 2 years on the job and then she fired the coach, that worked out great.

My friggin' head hurts.

It wasn't wrong to think Kruger could do better because Rice proved that with every single recruiting class he hauled in. Kruger just didn't want to get his hands dirty with recruiting. Kruger with McCaw, Vaughn, Morgan, Zimmerman, Jones, Wood and Bennett?! Are you kidding me? But Kruger was satisfied with getting walk-ons and 6'3" power forwards and shooting for a top 4 MWC finish. No drive to finish first every year. At least it didn't look it from my pov. We should be dominating this conference the way Tark did the Big West/PCAA. Gee thanks Maxson!

It wasn't wrong to think Kruger could do better because Rice proved that with every single recruiting class he hauled in. Kruger just didn't want to get his hands dirty with recruiting. Kruger with McCaw, Vaughn, Morgan, Zimmerman, Jones, Wood and Bennett?! Are you kidding me? But Kruger was satisfied with getting walk-ons and 6'3" power forwards and shooting for a top 4 MWC finish. No drive to finish first every year. At least it didn't look it from my pov. We should be dominating this conference the way Tark did the Big West/PCAA. Gee thanks Maxson!
Agree with that. Otherwise UNLV would have had three or four other players from Findlay Prep, guys that had a bigger impact than Brice and Carlos.

It was on the table, it’s why that program was started ...

You made a similar bet with me about how good of a coach Menzies would be at UNLV.
The one on Las Vegas Blvd? I never had their food before..
Wing, fingers and Cheesesteak. Not so much pizza. Never had anything else. Those wings are the BOMB. They have specials wings (9) and fries and drink for like 10 bucks. I have been going there for ****sigh*** 30 plus years.

I believe joe is in his 40s, I am only 57, lol

Back in mid 70s it was cheap, so long ago

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT