ADVERTISEMENT

Doug - Retiring

This is what I was talking about a month when I said that we would be losing two QBs but in a way that was not expected by a lot of people. He won't be the only QB to leave the team this way this offseason.

Good luck to DB; he was one of the players who stayed down and helped 2023 be what it was. Health is wealth and life is much bigger than football.

Guessing, I’d say the third string from last season may be the other to medically retire (that or the Bo kid who came in injured).

Maybe if I name enough players I’ll guess correctly and claim that I was right. Haha

• Haha
Reactions: LVRebel2000
Actually sucks, I thought he would transfer out and make it work somewhere else. Ending your career on medical terms and not your own, really sucks. I appreciate Doug being a rebel throughout all the turmoil and glad he got to experience bowl week and a 9 win season.

Hope he sticks around as QB coach/graduate assistant. Maybe he can be a Marion Protege, he already knows a season’s worth of gogo football.

I apologize for badmouthing the kid. He understands the big picture. Maybe he thinks it over and finishes strong.

He was absolutely electric with Arroyo.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I am happy he is retiring so that he doesn't end up with long term injury problems. Time to go and have a great life and come back to visit as an alumni. He is one player I would LOVE to see get into coaching!

Reactions: ckfitz
That tackle that he took against San Jose State on the road..

I hated to see that.

I was hoping he could have bulked up Wink Adams his final year.

Reactions: 1Tripoda
That tackle that he took against San Jose State on the road..

I hated to see that.

I was hoping he could have bulked up Wink Adams his final year.
Are you sad, Scrub? He have a direction, so it seems....that is better than most people. The stuffs I did wrong helped shaped me. What I learned will be passed onto to my kids so that they know not what to do. Doug sound like he have a plan.

Are you sad, Scrub? He have a direction, so it seems....that is better than most people. The stuffs I did wrong helped shaped me. What I learned will be passed onto to my kids so that they know not what to do. Doug sound like he have a plan.
For selfish reasons, I want him to stay and compete.

However, his brain and body are absolutely more important.

At the end of the day, Doug was just too fragile (take that however you like). I think he has a future in football outside of playing but, whatever he chooses, he'll be just fine.

It's weird with injuries. Some guys are just more prone than others to certain types of injury. Take boxing. Some guys can take a punch way better than others.

Some genetic. Some just plain old bad luck..

Reactions: RebelinWA
It's weird with injuries. Some guys are just more prone than others to certain types of injury. Take boxing. Some guys can take a punch way better than others.

Some genetic. Some just plain old bad luck..
I remember Jrob raving about two players with limited ability, Shane S and Scott Turner, because of their understanding of the game.

If you have a good understanding, are a sponge, low ego and are willing to learn from those better than you, you can use it.

I remember Jrob raving about two players with limited ability, Shane S and Scott Turner, because of their understanding of the game.

If you have a good understanding, are a sponge, low ego and are willing to learn from those better than you, you can use it.

Most definitely

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT