ADVERTISEMENT

Cameron Friel is turning into a QB!

Rebel1986

Rebel Legend
Feb 25, 2011
Las Vegas
Cameron Friel completed 25 of 37 passes for 307 yards - Those are the type of passing stats I have not seen for a long time at UNLV. While he did have two interceptions, he is starting to show that he could be turning into a big time QB, and is a large reason why UNLV may be more than Utah State can handle in two weeks!

If you think differently, tell me why?

Cameron Friel completed 25 of 37 passes for 307 yards - Those are the type of passing stats I have not seen for a long time at UNLV. While he did have two interceptions, he is starting to show that he could be turning into a big time QB, and is a large reason why UNLV may be more than Utah State can handle in two weeks!

Do you want to know if we think differently about Friel being a Big Time QB or if we are more than a match for Utah State?

I like Friel.

I think Brumfield has a higher ceiling.

I don't think either are being helped by the Oline play so far.

Reactions: dcut03
That new coach at Utah State is doing a pretty good job. His team is playing hard and I don't like your chances. 11/6/21 at New Mexico may be your shot for the year.

USU is gaining more than 200 yards a game more than the Rebels. They are playing for the top of their part of the league and we have no chance.

They'll be favored by @ 14 . I'll take the Rebels and the points, but I don't think the Rebs will win outright.

Oline was doing a very good job last game until the RG got kicked out of game and then they had to bring in the old RT. Right after that happened USTA got 2 sacks.

[/QUOTE]
USU is gaining more than 200 yards a game more than the Rebels. They are playing for the top of their part of the league and we have no chance.

They'll be favored by @ 14 . I'll take the Rebels and the points, but I don't think the Rebs will win outright.

For what it's worth I think UNLV has faced tougher defenses to this point.

USU has also played a much easier schedule. 2-3 BSU destroyed them with their 3 wins verse WSU, UND, and Air Force of which none have any kind of defense. The BYU game is a rivalry, so the 14 point loss doesn't mean much. Currently ESPN has Utah State as a 63% chance of winning which most likely puts the line at around 5-6 or less.

I like Friel.

I think Brumfield has a higher ceiling.

Brumfield opens more of the playbook with his wheels, but he's also very, very fragile and tends to run hard and not avoid contact which makes me cringe a little every time he tucks the ball. I also think he's got a slightly bigger arm than Friel--but I also think he doesn't understand touch or how to throw people open as much as Friel does. He too often puts 100% power into throws that really only need 75% power, which makes timing routes and contested catches tougher on WRs (and our WRs have a bit of the drops anyway). Still, the best ability in any Division 1 player is availability...and Friel I think is less apt to get hurt (4th quarter QB runs at UTSA notwithstanding).

I think I can agree Brumfield has a higher ceiling, but I also think he has a lower floor and teaching big gun arm talent how to alter your speed and angles isn't exactly easy. Otherwise Jeff George and Jamarcus Russell would be in the Hall of Fame.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Doesn't pointing out that Utah State had over 300 yards of offense in the first half and lost 27-3 negate the point about how much offense they have compared to UNLV?

Reactions: LocoRebel
I think they had 2 red zone interceptions and a red zone fumble. Utah State moved the ball at will against Boise. That's what you will be playing next.

It could be worse. The crowd at the Raiders/Chargers game is 90% pro Raider. Maybe there will be more U-tards than Rebels at your game

He is too slow for this O-line.
Friel interceptions led to roadrunner scores.

Utah State may move the ball a lot, but they also give up around 500 yards a game in offense by the other team, which is more than UNLV, while playing a much weaker schedule. They have zero defense.

Stop it. They played and won in games with Washington State and Air Force. Maybe they will blow a coverage and leave a wide receiver wide open, like UTSA did, and maybe you'll win out and go to a bowl game.

I would actually put unr and Univ. of Utah fans in front of Utah State funs in regards to being pieces of shit!

I barely understand a UNLV grad being a UNLV football fan (myself included), let alone someone being a fan that graduated from another school. You have to be some kind of alien species....
I grew up here and have always been a fan of UNLV sports, but wanted to get out of Vegas for college, and then moved back here.
I even walked on at Utah State for a year(it sucked) the only game I got to play in was the UNLV game.

I grew up here and have always been a fan of UNLV sports, but wanted to get out of Vegas for college, and then moved back here.
I even walked on at Utah State for a year(it sucked) the only game I got to play in was the UNLV game.
You played in one more NCAA game than many of us. Major props for that!

On the flip side, I hope we ran over your a… [roll]

• Haha
Reactions: rickyb55
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT