ADVERTISEMENT

7 Coaches who will enter 2015-16 on the "hot seat"

GoRebs!

Starter
Dec 30, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Dave Rice, UNLV: Rice and his staff have made significant strides on the recruiting trail during his tenure, but that hasn’t led to great results both within the Mountain West and nationally. Since Rice took over his alma mater UNLV’s finished no higher than third in the Mountain West, and after reaching the NCAA tournament in each of his first two seasons (losing their opener in both) the Runnin’ Rebels missed out on the Big Dance in 2014 and 2015. With one of the nation’s top recruiting classes led by Stephen Zimmerman arriving on campus, UNLV will once again be expected to be a player within the conference and nationally.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspo...-coaches-wholl-enter-2015-16-on-the-hot-seat/

Read the comments especially the one at the very bottom and gumby's. A lot are true and much of what I have been saying. They are calling it like it is. Not sugar coating or looking at it with blinders on or through their scarlet and grey glasses like many people on rebelnet.

The thing is, everybody here knows all that stuff, so what is the point of rehashing it over and over again?

We are all Rebel fans and want the team to do well right? So what is the point of commenting, whether in the comments there or on rebelnet, if you are just going to say the same things over and over again?

If people want to be optimistic and try and forget about last year and the year before, just let them. This whole rooting for your favorite team thing is supposed to be fun and bring enjoyment to your life.

We get that you don't have your head in the sand, that is great. If people want to leave theirs there then just let them be.

And no, I don't think everybody has their head in the sand, I just don't see the point of having the same argument everytime somebody tries to see the bright side.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
Understood, which is why I have been relatively silent recently with this stuff. My post was actually an attempt to try and put it to bed and not fan the flames.

Says the poster that repeats himself in 2 consecutive posts. So Coach Rice is pushing the promise of extending the D and up-tempo offense (haven't we heard this some time, some where?), I say bring it on, BTW, who is going to install the new D and O?....just asking. I look forward to November and LETS RUN- Part Deux. The Rebels are loaded and on talent alone should be favored to win their first out right MWC regular season title. Go Rebs!!

Rebel Robert has been cutting and posting the same crap for more than 16 years. He is jaded and has come to the point where he roots for the Rebels to lose. He is not a fan!

Rice will be our coach next season!, why focus on the negative every single post?. We have one of the top highschool basketball players suiting up for us next year(local kid), a good core coming back and some of the best dunkers in basketball. I'm going to enjoy it and can't wait until Nov 13. Go Rebels!

Reactions: Dloch002
Dave Rice, UNLV: Rice and his staff have made significant strides on the recruiting trail during his tenure, but that hasn’t led to great results both within the Mountain West and nationally. Since Rice took over his alma mater UNLV’s finished no higher than third in the Mountain West, and after reaching the NCAA tournament in each of his first two seasons (losing their opener in both) the Runnin’ Rebels missed out on the Big Dance in 2014 and 2015. With one of the nation’s top recruiting classes led by Stephen Zimmerman arriving on campus, UNLV will once again be expected to be a player within the conference and nationally.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspo...-coaches-wholl-enter-2015-16-on-the-hot-seat/

Call me crazy, but this is exactly what Dave Rice needed. We have an incredible team coming in next season. The way TKM handled the situation this off season is despicable, but Rice's training wheels have been removed. It's put up or shut up time.

There's very little doubt in my mind that this'll be the season Rice proves his worth. His entire coaching career has had one goal... To become UNLV's head coach. I can't wait to watch him prove his doubters wrong. This is going to be a VERY special season for UNLV.

Reactions: UNLV_06
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT